2001 Montero Fan Clutch

75S30

Hi everybody,

I have a quick question. I have a 2001 Montero and the fan clutch seems to be bad so I ordered a replacement Hayden unit off of Rock Auto. I was putting the part on today and realized it is slightly smaller than the one I took off and is too small to bolt to the fan blades. I looked at the site again and the box matches the part number in their catalog. Now I'm worried that when they contact me about a return they have the wrong listings in their catalog and I will end up waiting a week to receive yet another part that won't fit. Does anyone have a reliable list of part numbers or know of a fan clutch that is easily accessible online or through the part stores that will fit this truck?

RyanY

Adventurer
There are a handful of Mitsubishi dealers who's online sales have been recommended here - I use Southwest Mitsubishi in Dallas personally. Chances are pretty good that the OEM part will fit properly.

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
I, too, replaced the fan clutch with an OEM part.
...ordered from a mob out of TX.

75S30

I originally ordered the Hayden that is no longer listed on their site. I'm currently waiting for the Four Seasons listed on the site to show up. According to the dimensions they told me it should fit but I guess we'll see. My local Mitsu dealer quoted me well over $300 so the savings with the Rock Auto part seemed worth it. If this second one still doesn't work I'll order from one of those OEM sources.

Mine is the full size not the sport.

75S30

So I received the second part and it is exactly the same as the first one they sent me. Apparently being a different brand, part number, and price doesn't mean it is actually a different part...

Anyway, before I order the $300 part from my local mitsu dealer can anyone confirm that this looks like the stock OEM clutch? I'm a little worried that maybe the previous owner swapped the fan blade and clutch for a different size than stock...I think this is just paranoia after receiving the same part twice and my truck being down for 3 weeks now but I would really like to make sure especially since the dealer won't likely refund my shipping.

i-KhGhZ2D-M.jpg

i-ZrBPFWt-M.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior