WTB: Coleman Colorado parts

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Anyone parting a Colorado?

I just bought one, a real POS that needs a ton of work.. total rebuild of the wooden structure. The reason I bought it.. it has a replacement canvas that will need major cleaning.

What I know I need right off the bat is the rear most bow assembly.. that pulls the awning away from the door in back. Please PM or post up if you have parts available.

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
I'm sure there's got to be a guy or two here who bought a basket case Colorado and is considering abandoning the project?

If anyone sees a listing for a cheap Colorado/parts on the east coast please point me to it, might be worth grabbing. I remember one on Cape Cod just recently but the ad expired.

Goin

Observer
Guessing by your location you might have just purchased this from Craigslist a couple weeks ago. I was hoping to check it out the evening that you bought it. So it is in pretty rough shape? Would love to see pics, feeling like I missed a good deal.

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Yes, I purchased from a CL ad a few weeks ago. It's in very rough shape... needs a complete rebuild of the wooden structure. I wont have pics for awhile, probably till I untarp it for the rebuild.

The canvas was replaced at some point..

What you missed is a potential PITA. ;)

paj54

Observer
Not parting mine just letting you know the work will be worth it. Awesome little trailers. Did the spring over axle conversion and have been hauling it in the backcountry with no problems.
image.jpeg

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
I found the part/s I'm looking for.. in the form of a 2nd trailer. :wings:

I just might start this build soon, had originally planned for a winter project.

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
I found the part/s I'm looking for.. in the form of a 2nd trailer. :wings:

I just might start this build soon, had originally planned for a winter project.

The above almost never happened. Seller gave me a price and said we could complete transaction after his vacation, he returned and decided he wanted to keep the frame/axle/title for another project. Offered the remains for close to the same price..

So I waited for disassembly, that never happened. I ended up towing the trailer home complete yesterday for the original deal.

I'll be starting a thread once I tear the original down for it's newer canvas and spare parts, then tear down the second for rebuild. Hoping to get inspiration and guidance from the other Colorado owners here.. y'all have some awesome pups and are the reason for these purchases.

Colorado2%20001_zpsbothm0lt.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz