Cargo Netting RRC

ndamico

thinking of putting some cargo netting on the ceiling of my 95 RRC LWB. planning to start just in front of the back seat and go to the back window. has anyone ever done something like this on a classic? the rigid stuff was my first thought but if it were a little stretchy it might hold some items better.

Thanks

DiscoDavis

Explorer
I pilfered one of these from my mom's car. (She) Never used it. They work great for hanging behind the rear seats into the cargo area. I have toyed with hanging one right where the stepped roof starts in the disco. If you could weld or tack in some D-rings, these nets are since only the top end is open, pretty much a large and wide bag. Good elastics on the things, stretchy but firm.

51LXAYwdlGL._SX300_.jpg

swm

I've been trying to figure out the same for my Disco. Lots of unused headroom back there that could be optimized. Have been envisioning something a bit more substantial, but haven't seen the idea employed: wanted to install tracking bars/rods or hooks to get large but lightweight items out of the way like camp recliners and table. Previously, those have gone on the roof, but then they're exposed to the elements and wear quickly, plus they can get nasty on the trail and you don't even want to sit once in camp.

Called around to a couple overland shops, but no ideas. Then I came across a Smoking Tire review of this guy's kitted-out G-Wagon. Think I might try something along these lines. Here's the clip (roof sliders in the cargo area shown at about 2:40):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al3p4Ozunvw

cheers

Scrapdaddy

Adventurer
I don't have a Rover, but I used airplane track in my Landcruiser. They have different tie downs for whatever you need to mount. I made some for my Mag light. I also mounted two strips on the floor for camping equipment and cooler.

Attachments

• IMG_3194.jpg
    IMG_3194.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3193.jpg
    IMG_3193.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 11

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles