Our Yosemite Summer

Ahorvat46

Getting Ready - Weekend in Louisville
4/26/2016 0 Comments
We had an exciting and eventful couple of days in Louisville this past weekend! Not only did we get to visit with our families, but we also got to gather supplies for Yosemite and attend the Thunder over Louisville 2016 air show. Overall, it was a wonderful weekend of fun.

On our cloudy Saturday morning, we drove over to Quest Outdoors© Louisville, located in the Shelbyville Road Plaza. This was, of course, our first choice for supply shopping - Quest has always been a good deal in both price and service. With the help of a knowledgable employee, we picked out two fitting sleeping bags - a Big Agnes Blue Lake© for me, and a Marmot Sawtooth© for him. You can see some nice burrito-looking pictures below :). We also searched for a backpacking tent, and found that the North Face Stormbreak© fit most of our needs. I also purchased some light wool socks, and we got two free stickers... we really did it all for the stickers.

After a lunch with Austin's mother, we headed on down to the sunny waterfront of Louisville, KY for the Thunder 2016 festivities. We broke out my Eno© hammock, and watched the sky as talented pilots of the air show flew overhead. Pictures of this can be seen below as well.

Even though it was a sad drive back to Lexington, we were extremely excited about being a few steps closer to the beginning of our journey. Only a few daunting finals stand in our way... Countdown is officially at 14 days!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles