CL AEV 2.5 XT lift kit missing parts? Replacemnt alternatives?

SEREvince

Adventurer
I recently bought a 14 JKU and was cruising CL looking for wheels and came across a AEV 2.5 Dual sport XT kit for sale. I was suspect, but I met with the guy and found the kit to be NIB from Quadratec. I personally opened the sealed boxes to verify all parts were present. The seller had bought it, never found the time to install it, was laid off, and sold the jeep. It's long past the return period. I can relate, I have items the garage that have been waiting for years, lol. The boxes still had the packing labels addressed to the seller.

But there is a catch, using the picture from AEV's website to verify all parts were present I noticed that (what I assume) is the rear track bar and bracket are missing. The seller can't locate them. I called AEV and while polite, they don't sell the parts separately and did not seem excited to make an exception. I am still waiting to hear back a final decision. Obviously AEV, holds no responsibility in this and it's not their problem to solve.

Top two center items are the missing parts. I assume they are the rear(?) track bar and bracket. Any owners out there want to confirm what exactly those parts are?
http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop/jk-dualsport-xt-suspension-2-5

No money has exchanged hands, but obviously the price is attractive enough for me do be making an effort to see if I can make it happen. I have zero concerns on installing another companies track bar from any legal, moral or ethical standpoint.

I am researching simply buying one of the myriad of other track bars and brackets out there and would love some opinions on options.

Thank you

Vince

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I can confirm that is the rear track bar and bracket to mount it, sorry, I don't have any idea on how to best help.

-Dan

Mitch502

Explorer
Can't you just get a different brand track bar? All track bars preform the same function and are not lift-kit specific?

Mitch502

Explorer
I'd get adjustable over a drop kit....it's just "better"...a bracket drops a stock equivalent down to line up suspension geometry again. Usually the brackets are beefier than stock, but Teraflex is good, but there are plenty of other brands also. I am a fan of my Iron Rock Off-Road parts...
http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/JK%20Track%20Bars.html

I'd listen to daveh though, as he has a JK :p

Thean

Pile-O-Parts
The synergy bracket moves the rear trackbar mounting location UP on the axle side. This will increase roll center just like the AEV bracket does. From there, add in an adjustable rear track bar to fine tune the axles lateral location... with a 2.5" lift, you dont really need the adjustable trackbar.

like posted above, stay away from brackets that DROP the trackbar mounting location on the frame side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier