Dometic/Waeco CFX-35 12v Fridge

GeoDog

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Dometic/Waeco CFX-35 but wanted to know what the difference between the CFX-35 and their presumably older model the CF-35. I asked this question directly to Dometic customer support and got the following response:

"Thank you for contacting Dometic. I am sorry if you have found any conflicting information, but those units are exactly the same except the CFs are grey and the CFXs are blue and grey..."

Is that correct? They have slightly different specs, a different compressor manufacturer (CFX is "Genuine Waeco"), and look a good deal different. Can anyone shed some light here or chime in with any opinions on this fridge?

Much appreciated

Scoutman

Explorer
CFX-35US

I bought a CFX35 about a month or so ago and so far love it. From what I remember of my research there are quite a few differences between the CFX and the older CF line. It basically boils down to an updated model which competes more directly with the newer ARB and other fridges. You now get a lot of the same features with the CFX line that you wouldn't get otherwise.

-the obvious is the different exterior, corner guards, and color
-different latch
-LED light inside
-removable lid on stainless steel hinges
-drain plug in the bottom of the main compartment
-USB port on the control end
-wireless digital thermometer capable already built in
-low voltage protection built into the circuitry
-auto detect input voltage and source.
-drop down spring loaded hangles vs fixed like the CF line
-the turbo setting is now built in cooling it down quickly and then maintaining temp, prior model had a button for it.
-I want to say it had a variable speed compressor but can't find where I got that now.

The CFX-35

The CF-35

The price difference was like $50 more for the cfx fridge so to me the extra upgrades over the older model were worth it. Also a bonus that you get a fridge with very similar features to an ARB for about $300 less.

GeoDog

Thanks, Scoutman! I appreciate the detailed reply.

I've been doing some research in the mean-time and you're absolutely right, the CFX line has more features and is a more modern unit compared to the CF. I'll be buying a CFX-35 in the near future, but am definitely a little off-put by that response I got from Dometic customer service saying they were the same.

Scoutman

Explorer
Thanks, Scoutman! I appreciate the detailed reply.

I've been doing some research in the mean-time and you're absolutely right, the CFX line has more features and is a more modern unit compared to the CF. I'll be buying a CFX-35 in the near future, but am definitely a little off-put by that response I got from Dometic customer service saying they were the same.

Who knows why they responded like that. It's certainly not the case. My one customer service experience was really good. I ordered one of the wireless digital displays from (at the time) the only vendor I could find who had the US version. It was backordered a few weeks but finally arrived and when it did it didn't work like I thought it should. I called Dometic and after a brief conversation of my problem they sent me another one no charge.

kins18q

Adventurer
Indel

Check out Indel B from Equipt1...Cheapest option with a danfoss compressor! I jut bought a 30L $430 free shipping

GeoDog

Hey kins18q, I hadn't seen those Indel B fridges before. Just checked them out and they look to be the same (re-branded) as the Truck Fridge and IronMan fridges. They seem to have a good reputation, similar to the Waeco/Dometic, but a good deal cheaper.

How are you liking the 30L?

kins18q

Adventurer
Hey kins18q, I hadn't seen those Indel B fridges before. Just checked them out and they look to be the same (re-branded) as the Truck Fridge and IronMan fridges. They seem to have a good reputation, similar to the Waeco/Dometic, but a good deal cheaper.

It's on the way here right now. I'll let you know what I think when I get it. But 30L for 430 with a danfoss compressor is a steal so we went for it!

fredgoodsell

Adventurer

Truckfridge and Ironman are both re-branded Indel B. I've had the 40l for about 4 years, and it's been very reliable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior