Interior Van Walls

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Let me know how you like it when it arrives. I almost ordered it 2 days ago and held off. Probably will buy it and buy rolls of vinyl and cover it with 3m spray and the vinyl because I want a vinyl finish. If you could let me know how the fit is and if I could reflectix before installing.

Will do. I have raam mat on the way, a big roll of 2" thinsulate, a roll of reflectix (will be getting more), etc etc. I still haven't seen a shipping notice on the carpeted liner though so it may be a while.

gh0ztkid21

Observer
Ok yeah I fatmat my whole interior already and am ordering the tempshield double bubble Rv insulation stuff. It's similar to reflectix. Hopefully it all works out for you I may just pull the trigger

_hein_

Observer
When using 3M Thinsulate(TM) against the sheet metal there is no need for Dynamat, Fatmat, etc. It does a wonderful job killing vibration and resonance in addition to it's noise absorption/blocking and thermal performance. This saves a lot weight, cost and effort. We recently insulated our Transit with Thinsulate(TM). No other noise or thermal products were used. Not even a headliner. The results are outstanding. Here are some photos and commentary of the install:

http://www.impact3d.com/Thinsulate_installation.html

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Hein I didnt realise you were on this forum!

I ordered from this guy (in hood River) yesterday and got a big roll of thinsulate this morning from fedex!

gh0ztkid21

Observer
When using 3M Thinsulate(TM) against the sheet metal there is no need for Dynamat, Fatmat, etc. It does a wonderful job killing vibration and resonance in addition to it's noise absorption/blocking and thermal performance. This saves a lot weight, cost and effort. We recently insulated our Transit with Thinsulate(TM). No other noise or thermal products were used. Not even a headliner. The results are outstanding. Here are some photos and commentary of the install:

http://www.impact3d.com/Thinsulate_installation.html

One question about that product, how is it when the sheet metal walls sweat? Does it absorb moisture? I don't want to add something that will absorb moisture and hold it eventually causing rust

_hein_

Observer
One question about that product, how is it when the sheet metal walls sweat? Does it absorb moisture? I don't want to add something that will absorb moisture and hold it eventually causing rust

Thinsulate(TM) fibers are hydrophobic.

Jsweezy

Explorer
Hein - I'm not sure if your allowed to say stuff like that on this forum... But seriously, does that mean it doesn't hold moisture?

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Hein - I'm not sure if your allowed to say stuff like that on this forum... But seriously, does that mean it doesn't hold moisture?

Yes, the stuff actively resists moisture absorption. You can soak a piece in a bucket of water. With a good shake it is almost completely dry. Try doing that with fiberglass, rockwool, or denim! :ylsmoke:

devo 1

Adventurer
My van is at the diesel shop getting a checkup for a big trip, but I found some old pics. Around the doorways it has some edging. Comes with both sliding and barn door trim kits.
linerkit006_zpsdb3e5a9b.jpg

linerkit005_zps878da9e3.jpg

gh0ztkid21

Observer
They ship it folded in half. A few years later, the fold marks aren't as obvious.

Thank you for the pictures and the reply. Yes It looks like it's holding up well. Looks like it finishes off to edge of the doors pretty well from what I can see. Only thing I wish is that the door panel came in a full piece to cover the whole door. I chess I can try to fabricate up something myself.

gh0ztkid21

Observer
They ship it folded in half. A few years later, the fold marks aren't as obvious.

Just out of curiosity if you were able to get photos of the van walls finished off along the doors? Not sure if your on your trip yet or not. If not hopefully your enjoying your trip and maybe you can send those pictures when your home!

devo 1

Adventurer
No vacation yet. I'm running pipe and pulling wire. My 7.3 work van 125' below:

20160803_110437_zpsq341qcte.jpg

20160805_190450_zpslarjkyzh.jpg

That's an Excursion dome light I stuck in to have a switched light.
20160805_190637_zpsberymqmk.jpg

20160805_191428_zpsdbccdihm.jpg

20160805_191537_zpsdm0cnh5y.jpg

Removable bed platform:
20160805_191615_zpsskdfvbam.jpg

gh0ztkid21

Observer
Damn that's a bummer. But work hard play hard hopefully you will enjoy vacation soon. How did your van check out? And damn your high. Thanks for the pictures! Appreciate it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94