Interior Van Walls

gh0ztkid21

Observer
Yes, I disconnected mine and ran them in between the body (not roof). It wasn't too hard.

You didn't have to cut the plastic clips off the ends of the wires did you? Did you tape them all together to make a stiff front for fishing it through or did you feed a line through the holes and then tie it off to the plastic connectors and pull it all back?

gh0ztkid21

Observer
I did the back which was easy but looking into the side I wasn't sure about the longer reaches trying to do it. Now I'm kicking myself in the butt bc I have to undo the work I just did to do the side. I wasn't sure if it could be done passing all the plugs through at once.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 34

bj3nk5

I kept the plugs on there. Just gave myself a few long oversized zip ties to pull them through. And I put a bunch of electrical tape on there to graduate the slope. Then I put a little soap on the outside to help it slide through.

It took some work. And It wasn't easy on my knuckles. But I got it done. I did the side and the back, over the doors.

gh0ztkid21

Observer
Great that will be my project tomorrow. I'm glad I spent the time today getting the back all done just so I can remove it all tomorrow lol. I wasn't sure if it could be done so I didn't tackle it but knowing that it can be/has been done I will do it. I wish ford would have ran the wires in that open support area. I always hated how the wires were just stuck to the top.

I kept the plugs on there. Just gave myself a few long oversized zip ties to pull them through. And I put a bunch of electrical tape on there to graduate the slope. Then I put a little soap on the outside to help it slide through.

It took some work. And It wasn't easy on my knuckles. But I got it done. I did the side and the back, over the doors.

gh0ztkid21

Observer
Did you take the hard cover off your wire? There's a hard sleeve over parts of the wire and they don't flex too good. They seam to be what's holding me up right now I'm about halfway down the wall with the whole wire and running into some issues with it sticking.

goneagain

Observer
Putting the wire loom in between the panel seems a good way to create problems. The wire will likely get pinched in there as the space is tight. its also going to be rubbing on those exposed metal edges. Not a big deal to work around it.

gh0ztkid21

Observer
So after about an hours work with the gf we have the whole wire in. Didn't remove the hard plastic casing just electrical taped the connections down and streamline, I did the fort half by myself but then it got too hard to feed the line up behind my driver seat and pull at the back of the van by myself. That's where my gf came into play and helped pull. Much cleaner look and now I can finish off my interior nice and clean. Thanks for the help. I will be posting pictures once I get my temp shield double bubble insulation installed then the wall liner kit. I'm a little concerned bc it's been 3 weeks since I paid for it and still havnt heard from the company other then a paid email.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    574.1 KB · Views: 45

gh0ztkid21

Observer
Just heard back from the company and the wall liner kit will be delivered tomorrow via FedEx tractor trailer between 1-5. Can't wait

gh0ztkid21

Observer
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I fatmatt 80mil the whole interior which was over kill but it adheres directly to the van metal tight and doesn't allow moisture to form against the van walls or floor then I went over it with a layer of tempshield double bubble spray adhered with 3m 90 adhesive tight to the fatmatt. On top of that I put a loose layer of the same tempshield double bubble which is adhered at the top and pinched under the floor at the bottom this allowing a 1-3" air gap between the 2 layers of tempshield. On top of that I put the wise industries cargo liner kit. The floor I put 1/4" foam insulation and then 2 layers of plywood. I wanted a one piece floating floor. I did not want to glue it down and did not want to screw it through the floor. So I ended up with 1/4" plywood and 1/2" plywood. It starts at the back of the seats and runs to the back door plastic. Also runs tight under both metal flanges around the van floor. I flipped the pattern and over lapped the joints and screwed the 2 layers of plywood together with 3/4" flat head screws ultametly making one solid sheet of plywood. I then ripped 2x4 and jammed it between the plywood and that metal lip around the bottom of the van and screwed it through the metal flange and to the plywood. After driving around and purposely going over speed bumps and a quick Offroad trip with nothing in the rear to see if the floor would "hop" I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't budge at all. Didn't hop or lift at all. Then I finished off the interior with the wise industries cargo liner kit. So far have been on 5 seperate trips back to back rainy weekdays and nice weekends mixed. Van is noticeably cooler/warmer when needed. Fridged nor'easter nights blowing 44+kt winds at 25degree fishing Montauk NY and had to crack a window from just body heat bc it was so warm. I sleep in boxers and no shirt with just an old comforter from my old bed set. Also on hot days sitting in the van I put the Ac on while driving and got cold. Had to turn down the Ac bc the back holds the cold in. It used to get so hot that while driving the Ac couldn't keep up with the heat coming from the back sheet metal. Since then I have put a queen futon bed in the back and built a rod rack on the ceiling. Floor will be finished with vinyl cut from a 15x10 sheet I ordered to have one continues floor from cab to rear.

gh0ztkid21

Observer
I did have to trim the wall panels about 3/4"-1" from the bottom bc of the build out of insulation/fatmatt/plywood floor and also could not use supplied self tapping screws supplied by wise industries. But that was no big deal. It all turned out very well and I am pleased. Except for the fact that they automatically cut out that square spot by the side door and the spot in the rear where the jack is mounted. I removed the jack so now have to take the spare sliding door part and cut to fit it in the spaces left undone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior