255/85r16 Dual rear? stock wheels? spacer?

buck moberly

Is anyone successfully running 255/85r16 tires on a dual tire, stock rim? are 1/2" spacers safe? I'm interested in trying BF Goodrich mud tires in the size...

I have been using a SRW set up with 16.5 x 37" military tires but the rims keep cracking if I carry much of a load.

Thanks!

Maninga

Adventurer
Have you thought about upgrading your rims instead? I've got the ATW super singles on mine, each rated at 3 tonnes. They're regularly used and abused here in Aus, should be able to cope.

How much load are you carrying?

PGGRS

Observer
I'm running Toyo MT's in that size on my E450 box ambulance. absolutely love the tires not too noisy and wearing much better than I had hoped .I run a half inch spacer . I'd much rather have two of those E rated tires on each side than any single out there. I weigh in at just under 14000 pounds loaded.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Is anyone successfully running 255/85r16 tires on a dual tire, stock rim? are 1/2" spacers safe? I'm interested in trying BF Goodrich mud tires in the size...

I have been using a SRW set up with 16.5 x 37" military tires but the rims keep cracking if I carry much of a load.

Thanks!

Hmmm...what wheels are you using? The 24 bolt HMMWV wheels are relatively inexpensive, if you want to either recenter them, or run an adaptor.

declinetostate

I don't believe it is possible to run spacers on budd wheels. They have inner and outer lugs. If someone has a way I would love to hear about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior