Looking for Forum Members to Test a DECKED Storage System

AaronK

Explorer
I'm in the midst of a build for my 02 Tundra and I've been working out what I want to do regarding bed drawers.
Your design is well thought out. The modularity of the storage inside the drawers themselves is great. The fact that they're weatherproof gives me additional peace of mind here in the very wet Pacific Northwest. Additionally, the load rating on the platform means I can stow additional gear on to without worry.
I'm on trips almost monthly and I'd love to showcase your system both here on ExPo and at my local club Northwest Overland.

Thank you for your consideration.

36e5f350df279a2f9facaac1ffc267c1.jpg

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

TravelsWithRalph

Adventurer
I'd be honored to test and review your product. I'm currently transitioning from a Jeep TJ to my 2001 Toyota Tundra. This truck will be the tow vehicle for a Moby1 XTR trailer, which is being built. When both the truck and trailer are complete, my wife and I will be traveling throughout the US, parts of Canada and perhaps Alaska. Previous travels in the Jeep have proven that organization is critical and efficient storage make life on the road much less frustrating. Imagine camping in the icy rain of a late October night in Maine and you can't find your head lamp and your muck boots have fallen into a puddle. As I work on getting the Tundra ready, besides tires and suspension and bumpers, for sure a storage system will be necessary. I've looked at several options including the Decked system but haven't chosen one yet. Now for a little bit about us. I'm a product, headshot and sports photographer. My work has been published in brochures, pamphlets, trade magazines, newspapers, online directories and web sites. My wife is a former writer/reporter for Reuters Health with world wide circulation. She's now an active garden writer and blogger. We have started a travel blog to document our efforts and process but have not yet publicized it as we are waiting for when we have more continuous updates. This photo is of our Tundra in it's stock form. The more glamorous build items are coming soon.
Thanks for this opportunity.2001 tundra before build-103.jpg

WhatsDaPoint

Don't have a picture yet, my truck is set to be delivered June 2 in Idaho. I will then drive to Reno NV to have my Caravan Camper Shell installed. 2016 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab, manual transmission.
I then will put the truck through her paces driving back to Illinois with the family.
Plans include: camping on the white rim trail, staying in the jersey Jim fire tower, the alpine loop outside ouray CO.
I have 2 drahthaars and 1 wirehair for hunting upland birds in the west and Midwest this fall.
I would love to see how your product can withstand the rigors of a seven year old and our 3 dogs this summer and fall.
Feel free to PM me with any questions.
I have mostly lurked on this site and there are a ton of people qualified to review your product here. Good luck.

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
Hey Trubrit, We will drag this out so long that you will be glad you coughed up the cake and bought yours immediately. Kidding of course. Thank you for your business! We'd be stoked to see some photos and hear your thoughts, feedback, impressions nonetheless. Did you pick up a set of D-Boxes?

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
Hey Cantwella, we don't have immediate plans for an 8' system for a variety of reasons. But, it is possible to put a 6.5' system in an 8' bed. You end up with about 20" of "dead" space at the head of bead of the bed to contend with. But that said, an 8' drawer is impossibly long so if you've got a means to fill that extra space it's not a bad deal at all. You will have to do some arts and crafts to get it to fit as well as attach it on the cabside (because we use bed tie downs so you will have to create your own) but it does work. We don't warranty 8' installs as we don't have "validated" instructions, but given the collective IQ of this forum, it's child's play to put it in.

Joronimo

I would be interested in trying a set. I have 2014 Silverado 1500 with the 6'6" bed. Currently it has tool box, would a 5'9" Decked system fit with a roughly 20" tool box? If not, I would be interested in replacing the tool box with something else since it is hard to access the middle. I use my truck for mainly daily driver duties so lockable storage for day to day stuff would be a benefit. I also take the truck camping every few weeks, probably not "overlanding" compared to what most people here do but I load the truck up and get out of town. I have a leveling kit on my table waiting for this weekend and plan to do a full lift a little later. Eventually this will be similar to the overlanding rigs on here with more of a daily driver tow rig camping do-it-all feel when I finish school.

IMG_0550.JPG

My brother also has a 2006 2500 shortbed. He uses his truck to go out to the dunes in California with a toyhauler. That set up is a 30 foot trailer with 4wheelers and dirt bikes for up to 6 so the truck is loaded down. Easily accessible storage would be important for things like tow straps, air compressors and tools in the event of a roadside emergency. I will post a picture of his truck when I get back to my home computer.

Either or both of us would be very interested in testing out a system.

dnorrell

Adventurer
Oh! Pick us! Pick us! We have just purchased a 2016 Power Wagon Tradesman - ordered through a dealer up in Missoula, MT - and will be picking it up in a couple of weeks. It should have a new Snugtop Rebel installed before we take possession, and we are super stoked. We travel full time and live out of our rig, and this truck will be the pulling power for our next home on wheels. I've been looking hard at the DECKED system for a while and I think it would be a fantastic addition to the new truck, helping us organize things we can't fit in the trailer (it's only 17ft long!) but need easy access to: first aid, tools, camping gear, fly fishing equipment, etc, while still allowing the rest of the covered bed area for storage of our second fridge, camp chairs, screen shelter, etc. We are a traveling family with a toddler and two dogs, and organization is key when living so small. We'd love the chance to give the system a real test and provide a thorough review, both here and on our blog. I'd be happy to share more if you all are interested enough to hear it.

The picture below is of our new truck, patiently waiting for us to get to Montana. We ordered it to our spec knowing that we would be in Montana when the order would be delivered, so it just happened to beat us there. We will be picking it up on May 17th! We'd be more than happy to swing through Idaho on our travels :sombrero:

IMG_1956.JPG

Last edited:

HostileJava

Observer
Any chance you are thinking about making a system that would fit the Chevy Avalanche or have something that might fit? 2002-2013 all had the same bed size as far as I know. Approximately 5'3" long by 4'2" wide.

Last edited:

TRUBRIT

Hi Decked, I will send pics once everything else is installed, APEX Pack Rack, Tepui RTT, etc. About a month and it should be done I did not order the boxes. I ordered the dividers and the 48" tie downs. Cheers

WhatsDaPoint

Beautiful area. I am flying into Boise and buying from Dennis Dillon.
They are also installing a Titan Spare Tire Aux Fuel Tank and AEV Tires.

jerstw

Adventurer
Decked,

First let me say I applaud your willingness to solicit real world user feedback, something it seems has been lost on a number of companies in recent years. Whomever you choose from the Expo Portal you should be able to meet your objectives of authentic and constructive feedback. Having been on various vehicle and outdoor centered forums over the years there are none I have found which compare to the learnings I’ve received from this community…truly a remarkable group of individuals that inspire the spirit of getting out and exploring.

He is my “brief pitch”…

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 Crew Cab (5’7” bed / box)
Primary Use: daily driver; backwoods exploring & camping rig; mountain / fat-biking, dog and kid hauler, occasional tow duties
Commentary: I have put 96,651 miles on this truck as of this writing, bought new in 2011 and have it configured, finally, in a manner that works almost perfect for my families needs. Part of the ‘configuration’ process was to get a TruckVault storage solution, a name you are undoubtedly familiar with. I looked at several options before purchasing my TruckVault, used mind you, including your Decked Solution. While I will reserve my initial logic on my selection process I do recognize there are some limitations with my current setup; that being said I do hold the TruckVault products in high regard. If you are seeking to find an end user who will truly use the product, provide an obsessive amount of detail in terms of the feedback and can give your company and members of this forum comparison feedback on other solutions in the marketplace I would ask for your consideration.
Adventures Upcoming: Starting the 2nd week of June I will be spending 2-3 weeks heading from Minnesota to western Montana and the Canadian Rockies camping out of the back of the truck, hiking, fishing, etc. Two kids and two dogs in tow, gear for dispersed camping, vehicle support stuff, etc. Would be a great opportunity to provide initial feedback. Then in late July a few days doing the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail (tamer by comparison).

I wish you well in finding the ideal ‘candidates’ and look forward to reading the end users feedback.

Cheers,
JS

6501e09d9e8f5bc95874bb1b335c7258.jpg

efe0f91e57af4cf779c5e2739c64fc92.jpg

3ca622943932f91093cf358960d945e1.jpg

jCubed

Adventurer
I'll throw my hat into the ring as well!

I'm running a 2012 Toyota Tundra Double Cab.

724e2f4fdd49c7b453f14b042f641071.jpg

It's my daily driver, Search and Rescue vehicle, which we just completed the Oregon Trail Rally as an EMS team, and I use it for my job as a property manager.

I've looked at Decked several times and would love to use it.

Currently my setup consists of different tool boxes and bins depending on what I'm doing, DD, SAR, or work.

4fc9a80baa22b235ee6c897c5292eea5.jpg

The drawers would allow me to lock up all my SAR equipment along with all my various truck items, recovery, and supplies

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160503/8a2d26d229cbdafed237b8cc9b2ddcef.jpg[/IMG

Please give me some thought and I'll put it through its paces to see how they hold up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1MK

ExploreDesert
We've gotten pretty good with organizing our gear and equipment into totes, but I've been dreaming about a drawer setup for quite sometime. Stacking things on top of things becomes bothersome when you need to access commonly needed items. I've already envisioned how it'd be beneficial to our trips and day to day activities.

Doesn't sound like you have a system available for the short bed Tacoma's yet, but when you do I'd be happy to put it through it's paces - and document it too.

Our group does quite a bit of traveling throughout the south-west. Off-road trails and exploring old mining camps/cabins is what we really get into and we've been sharing our adventures on www.exploredesert.com. I'm quite confident that we can pack it full, get it dirty, rattle it around and take some visually pleasing photos of the Decked system along the way.

- Kyle M.

https://flic.kr/p/DMzpgGhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/125556024@N05/

https://flic.kr/p/GH2RXPhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/125556024@N05/

https://flic.kr/p/yj76z1https://www.flickr.com/photos/125556024@N05/

Last edited:
I'd be interested in testing your product.

I have a 2001 Tundra, for which I've just bought a topper. I'm about to graduate college, and I've been racking my brains trying to figure out a system for travel where I could store my climbing, cycling, and dive gear, as well as my tools, securely. I don't have much time between work, school, and the military to actually build my own. I'm also on a pretty tight budget with bills and student lons, so if you guys want one field tested in the high humidity environment of Mississippi and the Southeast in general, I'm your man.

Thanks,
Richard

4c3e1cff1591cd570304ac82eb8fcf29.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior