Need Advice for a DSLR camera for a travel blog

WMPhoto

Observer
Well, first... You don't need the newest and the best camera body to do what the OP is talking about. As for the A7.... I don't know any professional that is using that or calling it a dslr or slr...
SLR specifically means Single Lens Reflex... i.e. mirror... Without a mirror it is not a SLR or a DSLR. It's Sony trying to gain some market. They aren't.

I'd go back to the point of getting a good body and lenses that fit what you are looking to shoot. I would recommend a body from one of the two big companies... Nikon or Canon.
With the release of the 1DX Mark II and the upcoming release of the 5D Mark II... there are a lot of really good camera bodies on the market that are really good. I would say a good all around camera body for your purposes would be the Canon 5D... original, Mark II, Mark III... all good bodies and full frame. Not fast, but good bodies. And you can find the older ones on ebay for cheap. Remember what I said... worst case, you blow the shutter and need it replaced... That is not a very expensive repair. In any regards. I would also recommend you set whatever camera you get on Manual and play with it for a couple of weeks. Get to know what all the settings do and how they react to conditions you may encounter. It will make you a better shooter in the long run if you know exactly what you are looking for and how to get it out of the camera you are using without letting the camera make all the decisions.

Cent

Observer
+1 on everything WMPhoto says.
Invest a bit more in a used full format camera and one or two GOOD lenses. The lens is more important than the body for the quality of your image (unless you shoot in difficult conditions). e.g. a Canon 5D plus a 24-70L lens. That will cover almost all the situation you will come across.

Plus, invest a few hours in some basic reading to understand how aperture, shutter speed and ISO settings change the outcome of your images, how they "interact". Further down the road, that will help you get a picture exactly as you want it, not how the camera automatic makes it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior