BFG KO2 34x10.5 R17 on a 3rd Gen Power Wagon

I'm in the process of getting my 6" superlifted 2007power wagon back to stockish height and need some new shoes. I'm undecided between 315/70r17s or 34x10.5r17s. I've always liked the pizza cutter look but am not sure how they will look and function on my PW. I had them on my JKRU and loved them, but the PW is a whole different beast.

Has anyone else put them on their full size? Pictures would be appreciated.

justcuz

Explorer
You might want to take a quick look at the 255/85 tire thread.
Guys posted up different sizes of 16 and 17 inch wheels with pizza cutter tires on there.

p nut

butter
Lateral traction is what concerns me about such skinny tires on a heavy vehicle. I personally see zero benefits of going so narrow.

mikekey

Deplorable
A lot of guys on the registrary have negative things to say about the KO2's performance on the Power Wagons.

Bojak

Adventurer
My buddy just went through a set and only got 13k out of them. Seemed crappie to me. His were on a ram 2500 with a Cummins. Surprisingly the most wear was on the back tires. He replaced them with toyo open country at. Seem pretty good.

ryandavenport

Adventurer
I ran them for a while on a 2012 Xterra. They were much smaller than 34" though so they looked too small on the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watt maker

The KO2's run small. IMHO, I would go with a 285/75/17 from Toyo or Nitto. They are just about as tall as a 315 without the width.

armymgdude

Observer
I have the 285 75 17 toyo mall terrains on my 3rd gen PW. They measure to 33.5in on my truck at about 50psi. They seem like a good compromise on size and fuel mileage to me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for all of the replies. I've searched thoroughly and have seen some pizza cutters on the 3rd gens but was really wondering if anyone had tried the 34x10.5s yet, but it seems like no.

I did see over on the registry that the KO's are not great but haven't seen much negative about the KO2's. I'm leaning towards the 315's but am interested in the Toyo's as well.

Halligan

Adventurer
I just ordered 305/70R17 Toyo AT2's for my Power Wagon. I had 285/75/17 Toyo AT2's on my previous Dodge 2500 and liked them very much. The 305's I ordered are the same height as the 285/75 just 1" wider.

Go with the Toyo's, great tire .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior