Isuzu Nps 300 Camper Build

Vroom

Decided not to break the budget on a bodyshop respray so got a spray painter to come on the weekend.... diy paintbooth remember we are in Africa after all.....P5308887.jpg

The result

20150603_161106.jpg

20150703_120330.jpg

For me building a body from scratch was not an option so I went to a truckbody refrigeration company and they build a 50 mm insulated body for me. Had stainless steel plates added in certain places for attachment of cupboards, awnings etc. Also helps with registration of truck as you need a body builders certificate

20150703_120407.jpg
20150703_120423.jpg

Special engineered wood that can be immersed in water. Reason why I chose them above many other companies.

Together at last..

20150712_135929.jpg

Now the work really begins.

Putting in windows
20150729_152859.jpg

20150724_152358.jpg

Bris31

Adventurer
... Be prepared to make mistakes and forgive yourself (i struggled with that one).

Well said!!. As for me, I am easy to make mistake but difficult to forgive myself :sombrero: Then I was always thinking, ok next time it will be better but just couple of problems with next project, money and time. Ok just want to enjoy with what is at hand.

Hi Varoom, love your workshop, wish I had that much space. Good work. Let the pics coming. Want to see your inside build. Cheers

jlunicat

What are the exterior dimensions of the box? And what is the overall height once it is mounted on the chassis?

Thanks.

Vroom

What are the exterior dimensions of the box? And what is the overall height once it is mounted on the chassis?

Thanks.

4.3 m long
2.3 m wide
2.08 high its 2 m high in side
Funny enough the company who built the box took the dimensions i gave them and used it for the inside (???) to its 10 cm bigger then planned......luckely not the other way round

Overall height about 3.2m

jlunicat

4.3 m long
2.3 m wide
2.08 high its 2 m high in side
Funny enough the company who built the box took the dimensions i gave them and used it for the inside (???) to its 10 cm bigger then planned......luckely not the other way round

Overall height about 3.2m

Great, thanks for the info. It looks like it's about 6' 6" inside, a little short for me (I'm 6' 2"), but the width looks good for a bed going sideways. I'm thinking of single bunk beds (my wife always wanted bunk beds!!! :D )

Your build is looking good.

Last edited:

jan pomp

Observer
Hi Vroom
Nice Build .See you are from the Lowveld.I Stay in Nelspruit for 20 years and move to Gautang
what type of material you used for furniture and company for your box,im in processs of my build on NMR 250 Isuzu

Vroom

Thanks
Single beds make a lot of sense and bunkbeds save even more space. The whole sleeping together is overrated anyway :bike_rider:

Vroom

Hi Jan

You are welcome to pm me. I am in Gauteng to...Benoni. Used Serco for box and superwood (MDF)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior