DieselCamper's 2008 Ford F-250 SuperCab flatbed.

DieselCamper

Hey guys, I'm new to overlanding, And I'm trying to get one last hurrah in. I will be traveling 5,500 miles through the western United States, hitting every state except for North Dakota and Alaska. I will be starting in Missoula, Montana and finishing in Missoula, Montana. The plan is Idaho to Washington to Oregon To California to Nevada to Arizona to New Mexico to Oklahoma to Colorado to Utah To Wyoming and back to Missoula. I will be hitting up most of the national parks on the way, and I'm almost done outfitting my vehicle.

It will just be me and my 15 week old Rough Collie puppy, Lasso. (Pic included)
38d72879c6120115514c38687d2c8e9c.jpg

My vehicle is a 2008 Ford F-250 SuperCab flatbed. It has the 6.4L PowerStroke engine with the DPF and EGR deleted, and it can get a max of 19 MPG (recorded on a 400 mile round trip to Couer D'Alene). It has a 6-inch lift on it and I'm having my 37-inch Open Country R/T tires installed tomorrow.

I'm going to buy a CVT tent on Friday to mount on my roof, and then finish up on my equipment shopping.

On my flatbed, I have 20 gal. of diesel fuel mounted and locked to the headache rack, a 15 gal water jug, a 350L (I think) Yeti Tundra cooler, a Mr. Buddy heater, a portable gas stove, TractionJacks, a 28,000lbs snatch rope from Bubba Ropes and some tables. Also have a Marlin takedown .22LR rifle for emergencies. I know I'm missing some stuff but I can't figure out what it is right now

I'll post some pictures of my truck in about an hour or so. I hope you guys are excited to follow along!

DieselCamper

Sorry for the wait! Here are some pictures of my truck! Don't have pictures of it with the 37s on it yet, that'll come tomorrow. ;) Also, the wood has come off.
4dbd096ec8e7aac470d9c8f8fe81fc7a.jpg
eafb73db4f3824254574e1cf68ae8ce0.jpg
1418911abc1fd852ef4571a61b5965d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dumprat

Adventurer
My limited experience with RTT was buddy's wife falling down the foolish ladder several times in a week and her complaining about getting dressed lying down.

You can pick up an inexpensive camperette and be much more comfortable for a lot less money.

DieselCamper

My limited experience with RTT was buddy's wife falling down the foolish ladder several times in a week and her complaining about getting dressed lying down.

You can pick up an inexpensive camperette and be much more comfortable for a lot less money.

Camperette?

dumprat

Adventurer
Here they are called a camperette. They come up for sale often and are light and simple. No stove, heat or fridge but a guy can load an empty Pune on a truck without jacks.

DieselCamper

So I just ordered an inflatable back seat mattress from the guys at AirBedz, and purchased some side steps and a 12,600 lumen light bar from the local accessories dealer, and that stuff is gonna be installed tomorrow and connected to my high beams. I'm also getting the new wheels and 37-inch tired today so I'll have those put on today!

I'll post pictures of the truck when I have the tires installed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Whose lift kit did you end up with? You don't see near as many flatbeds done up as regular bodies, so it's a nice change. Especially since I have one I might do. :)

How much seat time does your pup have? Some take to traveling like ducks to water but some not quite so much, with issues from vomiting to the squirts. Hope you got the former.

DieselCamper

Whose lift kit did you end up with? You don't see near as many flatbeds done up as regular bodies, so it's a nice change. Especially since I have one I might do. :)

How much seat time does your pup have? Some take to traveling like ducks to water but some not quite so much, with issues from vomiting to the squirts. Hope you got the former.

I ended up with a Rough Country 6-inch lift kit, which was recommended by the shop I get a lot of work done at (biggest and best shop in the city). It came out to $2100 installed, and while they were in there, they found about $1700 in front-end work that had to be done, so I got all that done when I got my new tires and wheels.

My puppy just sort of lays on the seat or tries to hop on my lap, which I put an end to real quickly. It's hard to drive a truck like this with a puppy eating the steering wheel! I've taken him 160 miles one way no issue, so I don't see any possible problems!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94