WARN Ascent Font Bumpers

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
ascent-bumper_ford-super-duty_002.jpg

Have you seen the WARN Ascent Bumpers? We offer them for full-size Chevrolet, Ford, and Ram pickups. Here is some info:

• Angled design sits high, to maintain maximum ground clearance and approach angles
• Winch ready - accepts most WARN mid-frame (footdown) winches up to 12,000 pounds: ZEON and ZEON Platinum, 9.5cti, 9.5 xp, XD9000i, XD9000, M8000, and VR winches.
• Bumper features integrated dual light ports to mount auxiliary flood or spot sights (lights sold separately)
• Welded recovery points, ready for D-shackles (sold separately)
• Durable black textured powder coat over 11-gauge steel withstands rigorous salt spray testing, delivering up to 2X corrosion protection
• Bumper accommodates oversize tires
• Easy to install - Pre-drilled bolt holes and cutouts make it easy to mount a WARN winch, even after bumper install
• Designed to fit 2014 - 15 model year Ford F150; 2015 Super Duty F250 & F350; 2015 Ram 1500,2500 & 3500; and 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500,2500 & 3500

Full info at:

http://www.warn.com/truck/mounting-systems/ascent_bumper.jsp

- Andy

dumprat

Adventurer
Can i use a high lift on that bumper? If not why not? Most of the similarly styled ones are not jack friendly.

Last edited:

dumprat

Adventurer
No manufacturer is going to say yes to that question due to the inherent danger.

;)

Ya I guess. A Jack is one of your best tools off road but all the nellies have sacred people out of using them. They are no more dangerous than a winch. A winch can kill, a Jack will just let you know who is boss.

One of the few bumpers for a full size that doesn't look like the truck has a goiter. Surprised it only handles up to the 12k winches.

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
One of the few bumpers for a full size that doesn't look like the truck has a goiter. Surprised it only handles up to the 12k winches.

It's not a capacity thing, but rather the way the winch mounts. It'll take all of our mid-frame winches (e.g. winches that mount feet down). Our large-frame winches mount feet forward. For those, you'll need to look at our Heavy Duty Bumper lineup.

With regards to the Hi-Lift question, no they are not compatible with Hi-Lift jacks. As far as why, it's because it wasn't a feature that the majority of full-size truck owners have asked for. However, I can certainly pass along your feedback. (FYI, we do offer this compatibility on some of our Jeep bumpers, such as our Elite Series Bumper).

- Andy

dumprat

Adventurer
I wasn't being critical, it is a great looking bumper. The Jack use is a big functionality issue for me. As most accessories are not designed with being able to support or lift the truck even for a simple tire change.

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
Any chance this works with the Ram Power Wagon, which already comes with a factory Warn winch?

I'm looking into this. I will say that if the bumper itself does fit, the Power Wagon's existing winch will not fit this bumper due to different bolt pattern and mounting configuration.

- Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier