02 f350 to sell or not ?

UHAULER

Explorer
You know the story, life and priorities change. I moved out of the suburbs to the mountins and semi retired. I have a real nice 02 f350 shortbed supercab 7.3 that i hardly drive anymore. Six months ago I bought an 03 f150 supercrew to commute in for my last six months of work because I didn't want to drive the f350 120 miles a day. I actually like driving the f150 so the f350 just sits most of the time. My thoughts are to sell the f350 because they still hold their value, and get an older f250 v10 with a manual transmission for way less money and build a dedicated camper truck.

Money is the motivating factor, not only the money of the truck but the registration on the f350 is nearly 400 a year in California and full coverage insurance. If I did a dedicated camper it would be registered as an RV and I would drop full coverage saving a chuck of change. Of course I like projects and to be a little different.

Here is the f350
DSCN0017.jpg

F150 supercrew
3-7-16-3.jpg

Here is my last camper project, a 93 f250 diesel, 5 speed. My plan would be do something similar,maybe newer v10, 5speed
165copy.jpg

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
One one hand....

If it isn't getting used, then you obviously don't need it, so why NOT sell it?

On the other hand....

Clean 7.3 PSD trucks are getting harder and harder to find.
So letting it go might be a terrible mistake.

I know I wouldn't sell mine.

But I also don't insure my rigs for anything beyond basic coverage.
I also use every rig I own.

Happykamper

Explorer
I would not sell mine either, but if your not using ... Go for it. As for hard to find? Not really . There are a bundle on Craigslist in every city USA . The hype has gone down from what I have seen. Best of luck with your decision. Keep it, as I don't think your going to get what you would have say 4 years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94