2013 Ram 3500 Build

mtrewartha

Observer
Beautiful truck Mike!

I have the same bumper in the garage waiting for my truck to get home. I have the same chrome grill though and need to rectify that. Did you just paint over it or replace with a paint to match grill?

Thanks! You'll enjoy the bumper, I promise. Where's the truck?

Actually, I just Plasti Dipped the existing grille haha. I really want to either color match it or replace it with something else, but I figured Plasti Dip is great because it's easy to repair scratches and it matches the bumper's texture quite well.

dado5

Love your truck and am thinking of doing the same to mine. One question I have for the guys with the 37's. Did you regear or are you still running 3.42? I imagine 35's would be not too bad with stock gearing but going to 37's I would imagine I would want to go to 4.10. I think that is what AEV did with their builds. I would appreciate any thoughts.

Trophycummins

Adventurer
Love your truck and am thinking of doing the same to mine. One question I have for the guys with the 37's. Did you regear or are you still running 3.42? I imagine 35's would be not too bad with stock gearing but going to 37's I would imagine I would want to go to 4.10. I think that is what AEV did with their builds. I would appreciate any thoughts.

I have stock gears, but my truck makes a significant amount of power over stock.

mtrewartha

Observer
Ours measure out to 4" of coverage.

Awesome, I'll probably be converting then. Thanks man.

I've got the 3.42 gears and I'm running 35s. I'm not sure I'd want to go to 37s without regearing or making more HP like Trophycummins is, so I'd be really interested in regearing like you are.

mtrewartha

Observer
Got some more goodies for the trip next week. These Kelty chairs are awesome- they even recline.

077e96c974142d9aa5e2a022cb57d91d.jpg

mtrewartha

Observer
sweet rig

Thanks!

Well, we just got back from a week long trip up to Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah, and Nevada to do some fishing and some exploring of parks, etc... I'll post a link to a trip thread in a few days here... swamped right now with moving. In the mean time, here's the album on Google Photos: https://goo.gl/photos/iXEk2HFD21amCJbo8

Also, after we got back, I picked up some 37x13.50x17 Toyo M/Ts and AEV Katla wheels.

img_20160813_184251 (1).jpg

img_20160813_184320 (1).jpg

Last edited:

AEV

Supporting Sponsor - American Expedition Vehicles
Hey Chris, any deets on this "AEV Bed Mount System" for a full spare that you guys have listed on your build page for the Prospector?

View attachment 359403

No details that I know of. If we decide to release something like that, it will take some time to jump all the engineering hurdles to make a great and high quality product.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Thanks!

Well, we just got back from a week long trip up to Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah, and Nevada to do some fishing and some exploring of parks, etc... I'll post a link to a trip thread in a few days here... swamped right now with moving. In the mean time, here's the album on Google Photos: https://goo.gl/photos/iXEk2HFD21amCJbo8

Also, after we got back, I picked up some 37x13.50x17 Toyo M/Ts and AEV Katla wheels.

View attachment 361559

View attachment 361560

Killer rig and beautiful photos. You guys look real happy! Yellowstone was sure not lonely that day.

mtrewartha

Observer
Nice! Welcome to the 37s club :)

Feels good! It's pretty crazy how much better the ride is when you go from 35s on 20s to 37s on 17s. The extra sidewall helps a ton. Can't wait to let the Toyos chug through some powder this winter.

No details that I know of. If we decide to release something like that, it will take some time to jump all the engineering hurdles to make a great and high quality product.

Yeah, for sure. Had to ask!

Killer rig and beautiful photos. You guys look real happy! Yellowstone was sure not lonely that day.

Thanks man! Yeah, it was quite busy and we hit some serious traffic leaving the park that day haha. Had to put the truck in Park a few times in the middle of the road :rolleyes:

Rubicon85

Observer
Sweet truck! Im heading in that direction, can't wait to pull the trigger and build a bigger family adventure wagon! We did nearly the same trip last summer almost to the T... Red Iguana may be the best mexican food I've ever had huh? It looks like you were getting about 17-18 mpg on the 35's correct? How have those 37's affected the overall mpg?

Thanks and beautiful truck! Thanks for the pics
Alex

mtrewartha

Observer
Sweet truck! Im heading in that direction, can't wait to pull the trigger and build a bigger family adventure wagon! We did nearly the same trip last summer almost to the T... Red Iguana may be the best mexican food I've ever had huh? It looks like you were getting about 17-18 mpg on the 35's correct? How have those 37's affected the overall mpg?

Thanks and beautiful truck! Thanks for the pics
Alex

Thanks! Yeah, that trip was amazing and Red Iguana was definitely two thumbs up! Cool atmosphere, great food, great drinks.

With the 35s, my mileage varied a fair amount... doing my quick commute to and from work in traffic, I got 14.5 - 16.5 MPG. On the highway, I saw as high as 24 MPG (that was from Denver to Minneapolis, so tons of high speed highway driving). With the 37s, my commute mileage has dropped to 13.5 - 14.5 MPG. On the highway, I can still pull down great numbers, but I haven't done enough highway driving on them yet to see how high I can go. The change in power is noticeable, too. It's still totally driveable, but I'm going to bump up to a 4.10 (from 3.42) gear ratio within the next month or so... maybe next weekend, even. Tossing in some ARBs too :sombrero: My biggest complaint about them is the $^%&#*@ rubbing. I've got the Carli Pintop kit (3" lift) and I rub at full lock on the backs of the front fenders, the sway bar, and even the radius arms if I remove the sway bar when off road. I've gotta figure out how to relocate my arms a bit and/or do some trimming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier