2013 Ram 3500 Build

Rubicon85

Observer
Nice to hear on the mpg, still better than I thought so thats good. Ill prob be sticking to the 35's for awhile, but the 37's sure do fill these trucks out nicely.. With ARB's in those axles that thing will be dang near unstoppable! How are you liking the 3500 as far as the leaf springs go? Im sure the Kings improve the ride greatly, I test drove both the 2500 and 3500 and both were nice. The Aisin trans sure is temping though, hows the ride on washboard roads and such? I keep coming back here to drool over your build and next summers trip to CO we may have to meet up and you can show me the full size trails out there:) Also have you had any issues with any of the emissions equipment on the Cummins? Thanks for the info!
Alex

mikeindustries

Navigator of life
Mike,
Your truck looke really good, especially with the 37s

Not meanin to hijack....
I have a 2015 Ram 2500 CTD, leveled in the front.
Just pulled the pin on a set of Mayhem Warriors, 18x9 +18mm. Going to run Toyo MT's.
I've been thinking that I would go 285/75-18, basically 35x11.50. But I really WANT 37s.
Sound like a minimum of a 3" lift is required? Is this a true statement?
I already have a fab fours black elite front anchor, and trimmed the inner front plastic to match.

Wondering how close I am right no to fitting 37s?

FYI, the reason the AEV kit doesn't rub with the 37s is because we push the axle forward ~1" with 37's and ~1.5" with 40s. That of course requires our new trackbar and the offset spring perches that are integral with the AEV suspension.

dh

mikeindustries

Navigator of life
FYI, the reason the AEV kit doesn't rub with the 37s is because we push the axle forward ~1" with 37's and ~1.5" with 40s. That of course requires our new trackbar and the offset spring perches that are integral with the AEV suspension.

dh

Ok, that's what I was looking for. That's good info. Hey AEV, Can I still run rear air bags on my 2500 with your kit.

Trophycummins

Adventurer
Mike,

Not meanin to hijack....
Just pulled the pin on a set of Mayhem Warriors, 18x9 +18mm. Going to run Toyo MT's.
I've been thinking that I would go 285/75-18, basically 35x11.50. But I really WANT 37s.
I already have a fab fours black elite front anchor, and trimmed the inner front plastic to match.

You can fit 37s. No matter if youre 3" or 2" the bump stop is still in the same place, so the truck will flex out to the same location off road.

Carli makes a 1" bumpstop drop if youre worried. My 37s rub when full lock and stuffed, but youre running a better offset wheel than i am.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ok, that's what I was looking for. That's good info. Hey AEV, Can I still run rear air bags on my 2500 with your kit.
I know we have a few 2500 Air trucks in our development fleet running around. Not sure when the parts are scheduled to be released. I sent an email and will report back. '
The 3500 with Air Assist is done and released, as is the 3500 cab/chassis.

Another interesting note with the AEV suspension setup, is that by doing things the way we did, we added three inches of height, but because of how we went forward and the way we did the new trackbar, we only add 2" of bumpstop, effectively giving you an extra inch of up travel all while maintaining full clearance for the 37s (at least when combined with our wheel and bumper). An inch of extra up travel might not sound like a lot, but its really noticeable when picking up the tempo.

dh

mtrewartha

Observer
Nice to hear on the mpg, still better than I thought so thats good. Ill prob be sticking to the 35's for awhile, but the 37's sure do fill these trucks out nicely.. With ARB's in those axles that thing will be dang near unstoppable! How are you liking the 3500 as far as the leaf springs go? Im sure the Kings improve the ride greatly, I test drove both the 2500 and 3500 and both were nice. The Aisin trans sure is temping though, hows the ride on washboard roads and such? I keep coming back here to drool over your build and next summers trip to CO we may have to meet up and you can show me the full size trails out there:) Also have you had any issues with any of the emissions equipment on the Cummins? Thanks for the info!
Alex

That's the hope with the ARBs! The 3500 is definitely more rough than something not as heavy duty haha, but airing down and running 37s helps a ton when offroad. It's weird too, but it's crazy how much even a few hundred pounds of sand bags smooth things out (even just daily driving). These trucks are definitely designed for big loads. The Kings are great, too. The truck drives and handles better overall with them in every condition, but it's extremely noticeable at higher speeds when you're slamming around. They soak up the bigger bumps so much more effectively. I've had absolutely zero issues with either the Aisin or the Cummins and emissions equipment!

Mike,

Not meanin to hijack....

Personally, I wouldn't run 37s on just a leveling kit. When you toss spacers or taller coils in but don't compensate with longer or repositioned radius/control arms, you effectively pull the axle back a tad. I'm running very wide (13.50") 37s, but my Carli kit does relocate the radius arms (it moves them down, but not forward) and I still rub on the backs of my fenders during articulation and turning. With just a leveling kit, it would be worse and personally, it would drive me insane.

At first, I thought the spacers you guys use were pretty odd, but they really do make a ton of sense if you sit under the truck and look at the suspension geometry. It's crazy how much a single inch can change the game as far as rubbing and component geometry goes. It's really easy to forget about all of that, but you guys were quite thoughtful about it.

You've got a nice looking Ram.

Thanks man, appreciate it!

mikeindustries

Navigator of life
Personally, I wouldn't run 37s on just a leveling kit. When you toss spacers or taller coils in but don't compensate with longer or repositioned radius/control arms, you effectively pull the axle back a tad. I'm running very wide (13.50") 37s, but my Carli kit does relocate the radius arms (it moves them down, but not forward) and I still rub on the backs of my fenders during articulation and turning. With just a leveling kit, it would be worse and personally, it would drive me insane.

Thanks for the Advice. I think I will stick to the 285/75-18 (35x11.50) Toyo MT's for now. Save some coin and do the gears and lift in one shot later.

mtrewartha

Observer
No prob! If you can afford to do all sorts of stuff at once, it's always nice. That said, most people (like me) can't afford to do lift, tires, wheels, gears, and lockers all at once! With diesels, we have the privilege of torque, meaning we can get away with throwing a set of 37s on with stock gearing for awhile. Gears and lockers (if desired) can always be tossed in later.

mtrewartha

Observer
Just wrapped up some work, just in time to go romp around in the mountains tomorrow while we "look for a Christmas tree" :elkgrin: Got some 4.10 gears, ARB air lockers, ARB twin compressor, and ARB manifold installed. Here are all of the pics. I'll do a write-up in the full-size domestic section so some other folks get ideas about where to put things in these Rams. Here are some of the highlight pics. ARB, you guys make some seriously high quality stuff! I'm always impressed by how well thought out the products are and this stuff is no different.

IMG_20161105_170348.jpg IMG_20161125_144843.jpg IMG_20161125_160102.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94