91 v2500 suburban with some issues.

91burban

My 91 burb I picked up a few weeks ago has some issues but I love it. I need to do intake manifold gaskets, burns a little oil, but main issue I am annoyed with right now are the absence of rear bump stops due to the po putting on a crap job of airbags in the rear. I'm taking them out this weekend but I don't like not having bump stops in the rear. I've tried searching to find how the rear bumpstops were from the factory but to no avail. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
image.jpg:bike_rider:

rayra

Expedition Leader
I don't think they had any then. But you could easily add some aftermarket bump stops, or create a mount for stops form a later year.

eta - rockauto doesn't list anything like a bump stop for that year, in either the 1500 or 2500 series.

91burban

I noticed that as well. I was kind of confused by it but I guess it would be possible for them not to have them factory.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
A good rule of thumb is to remove airbags and redo your leaf springs with a large carrying capacity. Pretty hard to puncture a leaf spring. Cheers, Chilli..:Wow1:

TomP

Observer
Here is a picture of the driver's side rear bumpstop on my 1988 V2500. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• subbump.JPG
    subbump.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz