Sould I even bother...CB Antenna

Airmapper

Inactive Member
I have been thinking more about Airmapper's antenna mount dilemma. If he is preparing for the event I think he is, there probably isn't enough time for this option, but it seems to me what he needs is a location high enough to maximize performance without interfering with his roof top tent. Of all the options, a K400 mount attached to the rear hatch appeals to me the most but after looking at the photos I see that the antenna would hit the crossbars for the roof top tent when the hatch is raised and the antenna is parallel with the roof top.

[clipped pics]

Hope this generates some ideas.

Thanks for the ideas Mr Bills. I'll keep thinking on it and see what happens. I think what I have will work okay for my upcoming trip, but I would like to get it to where I don't have to swap out antennas, have it 100% operational 100% of the time.

If I had a tubing bender and more importantly, time to goof off, the whole roof rack and air dam would come off, and I'd do something like a GOBI, and the CB antenna would be ********** in the center of the roof about where the air dam / box is now. A RTT would be behind that so no big deal.

MOguy

Explorer
Thanks for the ideas Mr Bills. I'll keep thinking on it and see what happens. I think what I have will work okay for my upcoming trip, but I would like to get it to where I don't have to swap out antennas, have it 100% operational 100% of the time.

If I had a tubing bender and more importantly, time to goof off, the whole roof rack and air dam would come off, and I'd do something like a GOBI, and the CB antenna would be ********** in the center of the roof about where the air dam / box is now. A RTT would be behind that so no big deal.
No matter what you do there will be a sacrifice. I wouldn't get a new rack just to accommodate a CB antenna.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz