Pilgrim Restaurations Costa Rica

florian

Hello dear forum people!

I'm searching for a contact to Paul Pilgrim from Pilgrim Restaurations in Costa Rica - could anybody help me? Is he still in business in CR?
The website I knew he once had - toyotona dot com - now redirects to exportcr dot com...or is exportcr.com also Paul's?

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,
Florian

nuclearlemon

Adventurer
he's been distant to the cruiser community for a while. check ih8mud, i think a few people had tried to get ahold of him to no avail.

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
He bolted from Costa Rica 4 years ago and left a mess behind. Took quite a few orders from US and never followed up. He burned Ticos too.

I've been trying to hunt down a couple rolling chassis he had there. Rumor is he is/was in Panama.

PS: DO NOT send money for a Land Cruiser to Costa Rica. There is a VERY strong liklihood you will NEVER see the truck or money again. US expats down there are the worst criminals in the country, who prey on unsuspecting US Land Cruiser enthusiasts. I have a business in CR and have been vacationing there for near 20 years, and have seen so many people ripped off. There is prtty much zero legal recourse for you if money disappears. Lots of decent trucks and honest Ticos there but you need to go there and shake their hands.

Last edited:

florian

Thanks for the information, guys!

..And REDrum: Thanks for the warning! Would you be able to help me with a contact who is trustworthy and can organize the purchase of a Land Cruiser (or other good Toyota like Hilux)? I will be in CR from mid of August on and would then immediately need a good & tough 4x4 for an ecotourism project. Thanks in advance!

Florian

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
Thanks for the information, guys!

..And REDrum: Thanks for the warning! Would you be able to help me with a contact who is trustworthy and can organize the purchase of a Land Cruiser (or other good Toyota like Hilux)? I will be in CR from mid of August on and would then immediately need a good & tough 4x4 for an ecotourism project. Thanks in advance!

PM me and I can provide you with lots of resources and guidance: where and how to buy and mechanics (Tallers). Where in CR will you be based, that is a big factor to what truck you buy and geographic specific modification. Do you have a business established there now or are you signing up as justa a project hand?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94