LawnDart's 5th Gen 4Runner Expedition Build

photo nomad

Adventurer
Thanks, getting it all wired up for constant hot for the ARB fridge, and then next week getting the HAM radio done. If not on the radio I'll do that after Moab.

I'm basically out of stuff to add so everything else goes into gas money and adventures.

Don't kid yourself, there's always more. Look at Pedro!

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Love the build. Glad you are not afraid to use such a new vehicle. That's awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lawn-Dart

Observer
Love the build. Glad you are not afraid to use such a new vehicle. That's awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, it's no good if it just stays pretty by not going anywhere.

25481967691_b04f7c4104_b.jpg

26600487351_00d6e3af21_b.jpg

rickashay

Explorer
Glad you posted this thread over here.... Definitely belongs amongst the great Expo builds. Wicked rig and awesome photos! Sub'd.

Stumblebuny

OMG! I'm new to off roading and purchased my 2016 4Runner SR5 in Oct. I too want to go simple, but your rig is making me dream of going bigger. So did you complete the wiring for your fridge. I'm in the midst of researching how to DIY the wiring off an upgraded battery such as the one you have.

whiskeytacos

Observer
I usually ground tent it, but the GG platform has helped level out the back so I can just sleep in the rear (seats folded down). I'd do a RTT but there's a few limiting factors, specifically I live in downtown portland and my truck literally will NOT fit into the garage with a RTT. I'm at about 6'11" and my clearance is 7'.

I know this is an old thread, but I love your rig and I'm glad I found your build thread.

You're not kidding about the garages in Portland! I was there in December with my Tacoma and only a 1.6" lift at the time and my Yakima rack tapped literally every clearance sign in the garages I tried to park in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94