Which e350?

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Ah... The loan a tool program. You pay full price but get it back if you return it. Actually not a bad deal.

deezdrama

Adventurer
20160604_124545-1.jpgWell.... last weekend I got my other scanner I ordered. It connects and states 1 fault code but when I scroll down theres no code or info just "NA" its the amazon scanner linked earlier.

Anyway...last weekend I bought a new BW cam sensor, the old one i pulled out looked new and was identical to the one i put in so it must of been replaced recently. It didnt help...same issue.

I talked to an x ford mechanic buddy and he told me o2s or fuel issue so last night I ordered motorcraft o2 sensors and a fuel pressure tester. Today i was reading on the p0340 fault code and kept seeing bad battery as a culprit.

Sure enough..... 11.22v resting and only 10.8v running.
I pull the alternator and the bearings feel bad (cause of the chirping i hear when running) also the connector on the alt was completely rusted and rotted and full of water.
I will have to pull the hood weather seal off and clean it and silicone it back on to keep water out.
Hopefully a new alt,connector,and battery will have this running right. Im thinking the fuel pump and sensors were undervolted

deezdrama

Adventurer
Woot! Victory!....well for the most part.A couple days ago I soldered on new voltage regulator connection plug and new cam sensor plug. New alternator and o2s came in today.
Installed and its running 90% better! I have inside gutted so drove around block sitting on a bucket, punched it on an empty deadend and flew off my bucket and had to run back up to steering wheel and mash on brakes...lol
Ok ... not funny but it was. Was deadend with no kids around. So it ran great, full power again and the new alt is keeping me over 14.2v . BUT.... I still got a check engine light and parked idling it seems to stumble every few revolutions.

I plugged cheapie scanner in....in hopes it would pull codes with full voltage but same deal,it notices 1 code but cant display it. Im assuming its the same code....cam sensor.
I erased codes and its still idleing funny. Kind of lost now but at least it runs good.

It still has that hole in the precat or resonator or whatever it is and i have it ran to where there is just the cat and a muffler after the y pipe. Im wondering if the loss of backpressure could be a cause.....doubt it but....?

Ya....i got it sitting here idling and it almost died. Runs good though and got rid of the pulley squeek when replacing alt.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Well, that's progress and every little bit helps. That is a good feeling though, when you finally get the right diagnosis and then fix the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior