Tell me why I shouldnt build this

dvorocks

Adventurer
I just bought a 1995 f350 4x4 ambulance with 5k on it. I plan on removing the ambulance body and putting a fiberglass shell from a xplorer 272. I went to look at the xplorer and really like the interior. I live in a diesel pusher so this rig is going to be used for my pan American trip. Hopefully starting in November. I plan on mounting the fiberglass shell similar to the way the ambulance is mounted. I pretty sure the rear axle will need to be moved. Someone talk me out of it

calicamper

Expedition Leader
The service box is way way better than the chopper gun fiberglass junk. Why not build the truck as is? Are you sure that its not 5k since the odo rolled over?

dvorocks

Adventurer
I picked up the ambulance .. I was really happy on how it road compared to my Quigley conversion e350. The past few days I have been at it pretty strong. I have been at it pretty strong. Things Ive completed since Thursday
1 removed the ambulance body and had it picked up for scrap. I had a little trouble. Amazing how 1 bolt will hold that this in place

2 cleaned the frame with a needle scaler (best tool ever for rust) Also used a rust converter . Now deciding if I'm going to prime it or have it sand blasted

3 met with the fab shop today. They should have my parts made to stretch the frame

4 Stripped about half the undercarriage of the camper. Had a major gas spill , kinda slowed production for today.

Hopping to get some pictures for tommorow

Coachgeo

Explorer
good progress. look forward to your updates. Keep in mind the camper box your swapping to has a long assend beyond the rear axle. Your departure angle might be not so good or even end up being big issue bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior