HEMA Explorer North America

mjohns2

Observer
Can anyone with a Hema Cloud account try going to Hema's Cloud service, https://cloud.hemamaps.com, and click on Main Map.

When I go their, MBP OS 10.11.6 with Safari and Firefox, I get a gray panel where the map should be.

Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 18.54.29.jpg

Last edited:

sumnrfam

Can anyone with a Hema Cloud account try going to Hema's Cloud service, https://cloud.hemamaps.com, and click on Main Map.

When I go their, MBP OS 10.11.6 with Safari and Firefox, I get a gray panel where the map should be.

View attachment 357003

Same thing on my Ipad, On my laptop (chrome), the US basemap loads ,but only the HERE sat & street maps, not either of the Hema maps, those show the same grey background ��

sumnrfam

Hoping for improvements,,,,

So,, I had a chance to play with the app a bit @ EXPO, but just got around to purchasing yesterday. I am hoping for more tutorials on the site / and some updates to the features.

So far, the 'routing' feature' is not very intuitive. Sorry,, iI' not a super techy guy,,so be patient with me HEMA.

When Trying to create a route, it would be nice if you could drop a waypoint, (Yosemite valley), then drop another (my location) and have the route seed itself? As it is, you have to 'breadcrumb' in short increments since the "route" will not follow the roads your are navigating.

You can tap a waypoint, bring up the menu then click on 'driving directions', it calculates the route, comes up with a single option and asks you to name and save it.

Couple of issues I am having,, it keeps crashing the app when trying to load the directions, and you only get the 1 route choice given (in this case, Sacramento 99 SB to Merced 140 to Yosemite, with no options (faster and shorter route for me is 99SB to 120 out of Manteca 120EB to Yosemite.

When I click on the waypoint in the Hema Cloud it brings up a menu and gives you a download or driving directions options. The driving directions options open the waypoint up in 'Google Maps' and then you have the typical 2 or 3 route options.

I did 'save' the 'yosemitetest' route, and when I open it on the Ipad under 'My Data', it gives you an Edit button, which when clicked on opens up a list of over 3000 waypoints , but again, crashes when I try to zoom in or select a point?

Lots of potential here, but would like more option on maps , and a LOT more info / menu tutorial stuff native in the app,, and the crashing thing has to go :coffeedrink:

shane4x4

Supporting Sponsor

View attachment 357003

Thanks for letting us know.
First, the main map page should be https://cloud.hemaexplorer.com

Clearly there's a bug with a couple of the layers. Without logging in I'm only seeing the Here Street & Here Satellite work, I'll let the developers know and make sure they get everything worked out.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I'm getting to know it much better and while the early release has some known issues I'm optimistic future releases will solve those

image.jpg

dfyffe

No trial

It appears this is pay to play and no trial software exists? I would like to test it before committing. I tried Gaia and honestly, it is terribly difficult. I can get trails to load on it, but cannot make it run them to take me along on the route. So is this easier than Gaia? Is there a list of Android platforms this works best on? I have a Nexus 6 phone and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S. I cannot seem to find a list of hardware to use that is suggested or recommended. Will there be a trial version of this to make sure it functions for me before diving in and being disappointed? I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

1Louder

Explorer
It appears this is pay to play and no trial software exists? I would like to test it before committing. I tried Gaia and honestly, it is terribly difficult. I can get trails to load on it, but cannot make it run them to take me along on the route. So is this easier than Gaia? Is there a list of Android platforms this works best on? I have a Nexus 6 phone and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S. I cannot seem to find a list of hardware to use that is suggested or recommended. Will there be a trial version of this to make sure it functions for me before diving in and being disappointed? I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Hema is GAIA! at the moment. Just look at the screenshots. I would suggest looking at the GAIA help files and knowledge base. Hema is licensing the Gaia engine and code or it has been purchased from them. Can you elaborate on "cannot make it run them to take me along the route"????? When you import a track if you can't see it once complete click the Timeline button and you will see what you have imported. Gaia won't tell you when to turn or give you distance to next waypoint information. You can click on a waypoint and say guide me but that is a straight line route. I have a ton of experience with Gaia. I don't find it difficult to use but yes initially it takes a bit to learn all of the features.

dfyffe

I think you explained what I meant better than I did. What I meant was I have imported tracks into Gaia and loaded them up just fine, but trying to get it to do turn by turn directions, I could not get it to do. Apparently if I understand you right, I cannot do it beacuse the app does not do that. Does Hema do that? I want something that will give turn by turn directions so I am looking for that for Android. Any thoughts on that? Is this explanation more clear? I hope so.

DanCooper

Adventurer
I'm getting to know it much better and while the early release has some known issues I'm optimistic future releases will solve those

View attachment 358682

Let us know when those bugs are worked out. I'm not convinced yet that what they are marketing is going to work. I'm aware of their generally good reputation in other areas of the world, but I am not enthralled by what they are offering here.

1Louder

Explorer
I think you explained what I meant better than I did. What I meant was I have imported tracks into Gaia and loaded them up just fine, but trying to get it to do turn by turn directions, I could not get it to do. Apparently if I understand you right, I cannot do it beacuse the app does not do that. Does Hema do that? I want something that will give turn by turn directions so I am looking for that for Android. Any thoughts on that? Is this explanation more clear? I hope so.

Neither app does that. There just isn't a database of forest roads and trails that could tell you "Turn Left on FR 342, to X miles and turn right on FR 571" So you won't be able to find something that does what other apps can do with streets. You just mark waypoints at important turns so they stand out and view the map while you are driving. Not a big deal. You have the track, follow the track...

1Louder

Explorer
Let us know when those bugs are worked out. I'm not convinced yet that what they are marketing is going to work. I'm aware of their generally good reputation in other areas of the world, but I am not enthralled by what they are offering here.

So far I think the marketing has worked fairly well. Gaia has been out for years. Many have never heard of it but when Hema offers the same product in V1 less a few items it has gotten a lot of press and adopters. I have tried to convince Gaia to press hard with the overland offroad community because it is such a large market but they haven't really run with that idea yet. Hema is....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94