Metal fabricator near Burbank, CA?

Does anyone know of a good, non-overly expensive metal fabricator near Burbank, CA? I'm looking to get some custom front/rear bumpers and rock sliders made for my '95 SR. Was originally gonna go the ARB front bumper route, but I can't seem to find a good deal on one, and may be better off going custom. What do you guys think? Or are there any decent front winch bumpers that fit the gen 2 SR body well that ya'll recommend? Thanks

I've tried the Google search, looks like all that pops up is the ARB option. I'm not concerned about fabrication costs, just not looking to get ripped off. Was wondering if anyone knew of a good fabricator near Burbank, or perhaps a non-ARB alternative that's a good fit for the montero. Measures 71" fender to fender. I can fab mounts myself

montero98ls

Observer
I have a 95 SR also. I bought this bumper and modified to fit https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/5581626075.html

I think a good while ago they had a group buy for the same design but it actually fit the montero. I missed it so bought that one and just modified it. I'm assuming you are looking for that style. If you are then a shop will charge you just about what the arb will cost. You can probably get one made for cheaper but it'll probably be like a tube pre runner deal...for rock sliders just buy the trail gear ones everyone uses here.
Anything else will cost you more.

montero98ls

Observer
Ohhl also for that bumper you will have shorten the ends and shave the top part so it sits more in on the montero. Should also go without saying that the mounts are different. If you can't weld I'm sure if you bought the bumper and took it to a shop they shouldn't charge too much to get it to fit..I did mine myself and wasn't that bad .

Awesome thanks. Do you by any chance have pictures of it mounted? And is it pretty sturdy compared to the ARB? I do know how to weld so I shouldn't have a problem mounting it

normal_dave

waytoomuchwritinginposts.
This fellow is relatively popular in the 2wd/4wd vans forum here on Expo. Builds lots of custom bumpers, sliders, etc. They specialize in Baja style truck builds, but will build just about anything. My interest has been in the 2wd lift kit for Ford vans. I've spoken with him, and followed his work elsewhere, they really like to weld!

Anyway they are down in El Cajon, CA probably too far, but take a look just for fun.

http://www.weldtecdesigns.com/

Alternative evil social media link here:
https://www.facebook.com/weldtecdesigns/

tienckb

Adventurer
Contact Wicked Mike in North Hollywood. He can finish any design that you have in mind. PM me if you are interested. Awesome fab skills and honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 LX470 expo ready
2008 Ford E350 EB V10 4x4 Sportsmobile PH top
Custom off road trailer

montero98ls

Observer
Awesome thanks. Do you by any chance have pictures of it mounted? And is it pretty sturdy compared to the ARB? I do know how to weld so I shouldn't have a problem mounting it

I can take a picture, Dont have one on hand. It looks just like an arb bumper...it's just like a shell really, pretty heavy. Never had an arb so wouldn't know.

Thanks for all the input so far guys! If anyone knows anyone else please post it up! I'm gonna call around for some quotes when my work schedule frees up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier