The next build my brother and I

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
Ok I have not posted for awhile on the next build so let me catch everyone up and let them know what's been going on. First in order to build the next build my brother wanted to move out of the garage and into a shop. So here's the winter build.
IMG_1320.jpg
IMG_1321.jpg
IMG_1323.jpg
IMG_1324.jpg
IMG_1325.jpg
IMG_1326.jpg
IMG_1327.jpg
IMG_1330.jpg
IMG_1335.jpg

Last edited:

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
So the next build is an enclosed trailer. Pictures to follow.
IMG_1336.jpg
Now that the garage is finished here's the build.
IMG_1337.jpg
IMG_1338.jpg
IMG_1339.jpg
IMG_1341.jpg
IMG_1343.jpg
IMG_1344.jpg

Last edited:

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
It's been awhile so here's the update on the build. The frame is coming along.
IMG_1434.jpg
IMG_1435.jpg
Got the doors, windows, hinges and fan in.
IMG_1422-2.jpg
Test fit the door.
IMG_1423-2.jpg

Last edited:

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
A little more progress. Both doors are fitted and framed out. The top vent is also fitted and framed out.
IMG_1472.jpg
IMG_1473.jpg
IMG_1474.jpg
IMG_1475.jpg
The front star gazer window is framed and fitted for install.
IMG_1476.jpg
IMG_1477.jpg
Some side shots
IMG_1479.jpg
IMG_1480.jpg
And a rear shot
IMG_1482.jpg

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
A few new pictures of the progress. The rear hatch door being built.
IMG_1533.jpg
The front basket completed along with the expanded metal on the side running boards.
IMG_1531.jpg
IMG_1532.jpg
Another shot of the rear door.
IMG_1534.jpg
We are looking to be done by January in order to take it camping for Country Fried Weekend 2017.
The next step is to finish the rear door then take off the tires, doors, window and the fan to paint the frame.

b63215b

Adventurer
Awesome build, do you have a guess on the completed weight? And what kind of bender do you have? Im curious my next build will be similar, can i ask why you decided to use steel rather than
.75 birch like most. I am more comfortable welding so thats why i wanted to use steel rather than wood.

Again, great job and i am looking forwars to following your build.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

sroth

Fabricator
Awesome build, do you have a guess on the completed weight? And what kind of bender do you have? Im curious my next build will be similar, can i ask why you decided to use steel rather than
.75 birch like most. I am more comfortable welding so thats why i wanted to use steel rather than wood.

Again, great job and i am looking forwars to following your build.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thank you. My goal is under 1500 lbs, as of now we are on track. I use a bender from affordable bender (http://www.affordablebender.com/collections/affordable-benders-tube-notchers). I have used this bender on 3 trailers now, very easy to use with great looking bends. As far as metal verses wood, my thought was being a off road trailer I wanted it solid. Thanks again

jwiereng

What's your source from those radius doors? I am keeping my eye out for some. I guess the low volume demand warrants the high prices I have seen.

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
What's your source from those radius doors? I am keeping my eye out for some. I guess the low volume demand warrants the high prices I have seen.

The doors, front window, fan, fan cover and rear door hinge were all sourced through Vintage Technologies http://teardroptrailerparts.com/Home_Page.html. The owner of the company Frank has built a couple of hundred tear drop trailers and is happy to give advise and help with your build.

The water tank, power distribution panel, side lights, inside lights, switches and max coupler have all come in so when the inside is ready to go we will have all the parts.

Sikocycles

Adventurer
CAn you give a breakdown of the tubing you used in the build?
How will you skin it?
What Lincoln are you using?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste