The Road Chose Me: Driving a Jeep Wrangler 80,000 miles around Africa for 2 years

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
any issue finding petrol...are you using an external filter?

No issue finding it. Every station I've been to has had diesel and gas, and they are plentiful.
I was told it would be hard to find gasoline if I got off the beaten path in Mauritania, and I know a motorbiker who went to 10+ stations a few months back trying to find it in the capital!

When buying from stations I always look for the biggest and brightest in the hope of getting better/cleaner gas. I go for Shell when I can.
At stations, I have not been using any filter.

If I do end up buying from the side of the road, or from a station I really don't like the cleanliness of, I have a Mr. Funnel Filter

-Dan

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Hey All,

I have just posted a video of my time in Senegal - which shaped up to be the Africa I have been dreaming of - colorful, friendly people, and street parties!

-Dan

grogie

Like to Camp
Thanks again for updating us. Those shakedowns, having to pay more than the locals, and dealing with the "secret police" must get tiring.

Stay safe!

c_ema

Observer
Strange to see how Senegal people swimming....ahahahah

Dan you give us a great opportunity to travel with you with your video.

Thanks!

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Hey all,

Thanks to my useless timing, it now rains every single day for between 8 and 10 hours.
It's the hardest rain I have ever seen in my life, and is usually acomanied by a massive thunder and lightning storm.
More than a few times the boom of thunder is so close it rattles the Jeep while I am asleep upstairs....

Checkout my pics here: http://theroadchoseme.com/southern-senegal-casamance-2

-Dan

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Thanks Scott!
YouTube is a big new adventure for me, I've never tried to capture my stories on film before.

I'm learning a lot really fast, and it's been really enjoyable. I'm looking forward to when I can tell and engaging story, rather than just "I went here, I did this".

I think you're going to love the next video :)

-Dan

Your youtube videos are great!

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior