Who makes this?

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Here in Stuttgart, and in our travels so far, we have seen a lot of very nice rigs, from Toyotas and Rovers to Man and MB monsters. But the sheer volume of traffic... My wife laughed and said every Defender driver was a hazard, as everyone had their eyes on the opposite lanes! I have "Defender wave" elbow.

I had a nice long talk with Michael. He is a very knowledgeable and personable guy. I believe he will do good/great things.

He has an encyclopedic knowledge of European overlanding, and the demographics involved both by age and nation. We discussed what seems to be a trend towards larger (self contained) vehicles, how Europeans overland, the DoD's purging of Stewart & Stephensen trucks, and of course Land Rovers! He also is going to provide me with the track over the alps to Italy. Off pavement. Hannibal had his elephants, I will have diff-lock.

Hopefully we will be here to attend next year, and I think it would be great to either get together, or if you/OI had a presence. I like your idea about addressing modern vehicles. The days of using river reeds for expedient head gasket are behind us, and Euro6 emission requirements seem to grow daily.

The Journal may not be everyones cup of tea, the Portal is good for all, and including and learning from some of the very experienced overlanders here in Europe would benefit the entire community.

I will PM you next time we pass through/near Alsace or Strasbourg. That is my preferred route to work stuff in BEL and NLD.

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
Please do! Stop by for a beer or 2 if you have time!
We live in the Selestat area.

You should try the ferries to Greece around this time of year too. The "Pfingstferien" or Pentecost-holidays are only recognized in Bavaria and Baden-Würtemberg - no other German state or European country has them. So all the Bavarian and Swabian overlanders do trial rund with their Unimogs, MANs, RTTed G-Wagens and LRs, etc. The car decks look like a mini version of the Abenteuer & Allrad show. :p

spikemd

Explorer
I would rather have sliders with kickouts for protection. Don't see those underneath protecting the sills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94