Who makes this?

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Does anyone know the manufacturer?
Saw at dealer in Germany.

Apologies to Shayne if it posts sideways...

image.jpg

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Genuine LR accessory for the new collectors vehicles. You need a VIN to order them.

Cupboard

They're supposedly made by Mantec, they're available to order (you don't have to have an Adventure) from LR parts suppliers and they cost about £1300 for the pair.
Duckworths can get them so I guess other places can too.

I'm still unsure of what they protect and from what hazard, and it's difficult to fit sidesteps with them in place.

Kgh

Let’s go already!
image.jpg
Shayne relaxing after installing bilge pumps...

Actually at a great zoo in Belgium where you walk around with those freaky beasts.

You don't need to "get" anything that Kip does, just smile and nod...and say yes dear, that's cute..

I just wondered who made them, FFS, not making a lifestyle choice, lol. I don't get what I do half the time anyway.

BTW, since picking up the 110 on Feb 3, we have been to 8 countries (DEU, CHE, FRA, NLD, LUX, LIE, BEL, AUT), and in France today we clocked our 10,000th kilometer of ownership... so whatever it is I am doing, I am doing a lot!

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
I hope you made it to the Allrad & Abenteuer show in Bad Kissingen this past weekend. Great show. They were saying it's the biggest 4x4 show in the world. And very travel/overlanding oriented.

I buzzed up on Friday and ran from one appointment to the next. And, after getting up at 4:00AM so I could be there prior to the gates opening (had to talk to one of our distributors before the show) and after running around seeing everyone I had to, I had to leave at 2:00PM to get back to Freiburg/Alsace as my older daughter was leaving for her senior class trip and had no way to get to school from home. To add to the stress, I popped an intercooler hose at 200kph on the 'bahn, pulled into a rest area and cleared the fault so I could get out of limp-home-mode and get over 60kph (spent the rest of the day driving at 150kph with the Range Rover smoking like a Russian dump truck). Leaving the show there was also a traffic jam of 30+kms. Friday was very stressful...

Great, great show, though.

EDIT: nevermind - just saw your other posts on the show

Kgh

Let’s go already!
It was a great show! So many options, so many trucks, and more Defenders in one place than I have ever seen. Hell, the autobahn and parking lots alone were worth the drive.

And traffic did suck. On Saturday I figured out that my truck is limited tom150kph (it was a downhill, clear of traffic spot). On Sunday my wife accompanied me, and we took backroads from Bad K to past Würzberg, smooth sailing on that one, slower but more scenic.

If we do next year hopefully we can either get a group together, or meet up as an Expedition Portal/Overland Journal (now in German language too) group.

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
It was a great show! So many options, so many trucks, and more Defenders in one place than I have ever seen. Hell, the autobahn and parking lots alone were worth the drive.
So true! It's funny: last year I was in the south of France just prior to the Abenteuer & Allrad (which, for those who have never been is held in the middle of Germany). As we were driving back north, we were starting to see the occasional overland vehicle around Lyon, France (roughly 7-8 hrs drive from where the show is held). As we approached the Alsace/German border, there was a very noticeable contingent of off-road/overland vehicles. In Germany, the drive on the morning of the first day of the show was really incredible, as you say. It really is a very big show. And this despite the fact that there were 2 more small events for overlanders held parallel to the Abenteuer & Allrad this year.

And traffic did suck. On Saturday I figured out that my truck is limited tom150kph (it was a downhill, clear of traffic spot). On Sunday my wife accompanied me, and we took backroads from Bad K to past Würzberg, smooth sailing on that one, slower but more scenic.
The scenic route was def the better option. Unfortunately not for me due to my daughter's trip. I ended up heading north towards Fulda for 35km's before heading back towards Frankfurt and then down south again. And I was watching the nav show my arrival home becoming later by the second...
The speed is one reason I prefer traveling in a RR vs. a Def (despite the coolness factor of the Def), though on the way home I was only going about as fast as your Defender with my popped intercooler hose (I will post more on that a little later). The nice thing was, if someone did not get out of my way in the left lane so I could pass, when I did get by I got in front of them and booted the throttle a little. The RR would produce really thick, sooty, black clouds :))

If we do next year hopefully we can either get a group together, or meet up as an Expedition Portal/Overland Journal (now in German language too) group.
That would be terrific!

Did you happen to see Michael Brailey (Head of European Operations for OJ)? He was set up in one of the Land Rover Experience tents.
We are considering a stand of our own for next year, and an event highlighting the possibilities / advantages / disadvantages of overlanding in a modern, electronic Land Rover. With this, we are definitely working to arrange some sort of cooperation with Overland International.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94