Stove Selection Help Requested: Partner Steel 9" vs 22"

cdogg44

I am looking to buy a new stove and trying to do it once. Currently I camp/hunt off an ATV or out of an RV or truck. I have searched and searched but am asking for some help regarding these specific models as pictures and details on the 9" are hard to come by.

9":
I like how it folds small, but how limited would I be on pan size due to the hinge? I talked to Partner and they said they could include a piece of flat stock that would raise a large pot even with the hinge so it would sit even, but has anyone done this? The elevated breakaway hinge has me concerned but I have not been able to find detailed pictures of the 9" stove at all.

Is the hassle of two propane hoses a big deal?

No windscreen, but Partner said they could build a tabletop screen for ~$50. An extra bar could be added over the burners like the 22" has as well.

22":
They told me this is their most popular stove, and I'd say people buying their equipment know what they're doing which leads me to believe that I would at least not go wrong with a 22".

Stove is heavier, but includes a windscreen.

General:
Would the 10k btu burner on either stove be capable of heating oil in a 5-8qt dutch oven to fry? I ask because we like to fry occasionally at home (okra, crappie, etc.) and instead of making a mess in the kitchen it would sure be nice to set it up on the patio outside. Our kitchen range is electric, not gas, so I don't have a way to compare burner outputs.

How necessary is a windscreen? If you're cooking in a cook tent at camp or beside an RV on a table would I regret the decision to not go with the 22"?

What are your popular pan combinations on either stove? Is something like a 10" fry pan and a 3QT pot going to overwhelm either one?

Any pictures are much appreciated!!!

Thanks

Honu

lost on the mainland
I use a 18 inside a snow peak IGT setup
as far as windscreen drafts can take away depending on the cook tent ?
in open without heat is lost big time the screen on a IGT setup seems to work cant compare it to stock though ?
unless you can rig something up on your own ? the built in might be the way to go

22 would be a good size IMHO if you are using it stand alone

I wanted to do twin 9 inch kinda wish I did now :) dual hoses not a issue IMHO they have adapters etc...

you could use each on its own etc.. no idea about the hinge getting in the way ? I was going to order one with no hinge and just use a strap to hold it together again my IGT has a windscreen

if you use a griddle you might know from chatting that you have to elevate it or use one with enough air room

hope this helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior