Rear wheel bearing 2008 lr3

cjf32967

Has anyone replaced the rear bearing on an lr3? I have done the front hub assembly but not the rear, the driver side rear bearing is starting to go and I was planning on replacing both sides. Any thoughts, suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks
Chris

jaacina

Rear wheel bearing

I replaced my driver's side rear wheel bearing on my 2008 LR3 about 2 months ago as well. I shopped around to find the best price on the hub and the bearing. I used my 30 ton press to push it out and to push the new one in. I also replaced my parking brakes and hardware while I had it apart. Got it aligned afterward as well. It is not terribly difficult, but you do need to press it apart and you have to take the rear suspension apart. My suspension bolts were easy to remove as I replaced my rear suspension arms and bolts last October and put a lot of anti-sieze on them.

The biggest thing I had to watch was supporting the new bearing when pressing together. I also had to straighten my brake dust shield as it get bent a little while pressing it apart. Easily done while it was apart before pressing back together.

Has anyone replaced the rear bearing on an lr3? I have done the front hub assembly but not the rear, the driver side rear bearing is starting to go and I was planning on replacing both sides. Any thoughts, suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks
Chris

cjf32967

I replaced my driver's side rear wheel bearing on my 2008 LR3 about 2 months ago as well. I shopped around to find the best price on the hub and the bearing. I used my 30 ton press to push it out and to push the new one in. I also replaced my parking brakes and hardware while I had it apart. Got it aligned afterward as well. It is not terribly difficult, but you do need to press it apart and you have to take the rear suspension apart. My suspension bolts were easy to remove as I replaced my rear suspension arms and bolts last October and put a lot of anti-sieze on them.

The biggest thing I had to watch was supporting the new bearing when pressing together. I also had to straighten my brake dust shield as it get bent a little while pressing it apart. Easily done while it was apart before pressing back together.

Thanks for the tips and info. Did the brakes and rotors a few weeks back and that was when I noticed the bearing was going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior