LED bulbs for Compass

Hey guys, slowly doing upgrades and mods to the 97 Montero SR I bought a few months ago. Had the top end on the engine rebuilt, plus new radiator and oilpump, now it no longer marks its territory everywhere I go, and no longer burns oil.:wings: Had the drivers seat bottom recovered, and a new windshield put in. Removed the wood trim from the interior, except around the HVAC controls.
Started replacing the bulbs in the dash with LED using information from this forum, thanks. The only bulb I didn't see an LED replacement for, is the ones in the compass. Anyone know of an LED bulb that will fit? I found some that looked like they might work on Amazon, but it said they were for a Dodge, so I'm not sure.
And yeah, I know without pictures this thread is useless! Pictures coming soon.
Thanks for all the help.

MKR

plh

Explorer
There is a thread in this section listing all the LED bulbs. I have a couple extras for the compass IIRC, but won't be able to confirm until I'm back home on Saturday...

EDIT: went back and found the thread and info:

These fit perfectly and are dim-able.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018LUKOXI

Being I needed 2 and had to order 10 - I have 8 extras. If anybody needs a pair shoot me a PM $1.50 shipped USA

Last edited:
Thanks plh. I looked at a couple of threads on this section, and got all the other bulbs I needed, but somehow missed these, my bad.
Thanks again.

MKR

Marutuk

KK6WFB
Hmm, I may hit you up on that one Plh - I never got the compass LEDs I got to work for our '98 (that said, a lot of Dash bulbs didn't work either, hmm)

Hey Marutuk,
You do know that LED bulbs have to be inserted with the polarity correct? Out of all the dash bulbs I replaced so far I had to turn them all around but 2. If they don't work just rotate the base 180* and plug them back in.
Hope this helps.

MKR

Marutuk

KK6WFB
Hey Marutuk,
You do know that LED bulbs have to be inserted with the polarity correct? Out of all the dash bulbs I replaced so far I had to turn them all around but 2. If they don't work just rotate the base 180* and plug them back in.
Hope this helps.

MKR

Yeah, tried that too, it was rather tricky. But need to redo that again soonish. :)

JAVYPRO

Observer
How do you fit them, is there a special trick? What is different from the original? I need to replace a bunch on my wife's 2001.

Javy

Not sure what you are asking about Javypro. The original bulbs are incandescent, it doesn't matter how they are put in. I repalced mine with LEDs, they have to go a certain way, since the original didn't matter making the LEDs work is try it and change it if it doesn't work.
Does that answer your question?

MKR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94