1999 Defender 110 Td5 LHD Many Upgrades. Titled in California.

RoverDude

Explorer
116,xxx miles on this one of a kind vehicle titled in California.
Just a few notes.....
Left hand drive 5 speed manual.
Powerful Td5 motor
Recent paint & body work performed. Including addressing any rust issues.
Bumpers, Sliders and Roof Rack custom fabricated by Matt at Rock Ware in Colorado.
4.11 gears in the diffs
Warn 9.5 DTI winch
Painless dual battery set up
Warn HID lights
Tuffy Console
Newer BFG KM2
Set of Steel wheels included
Transfer Case and Clutch recently replaced.

This gem has traveled throughout the western US and Baja Mexico for camping and surfing expeditions.
Owner selling only to finance new business venture.

$65,000 price before it goes on eBay. Don't wait!
Please serious inquiries only
Any questions or additional pics contact John at
7I4-7I9-7I23
roverdudeATsbcglobalDOTnet

Attachments

• DSCN4765.jpg
    DSCN4765.jpg
    532.6 KB · Views: 435
  • DSCN4767.jpg
    DSCN4767.jpg
    526.2 KB · Views: 414
  • DSCN4771.jpg
    DSCN4771.jpg
    555.1 KB · Views: 399
  • DSCN4774.jpg
    DSCN4774.jpg
    521.2 KB · Views: 395

ilazonic

Adventurer
There was a loop hole few years ago and some people jumped on it, I see few of them in Bay Area on regular bases plated.

AirForceOne

Mr. Bond
Sketchy at best... I imagine the buyer will run into some difficulty with this given recent events. Tell us a little more about this "loophole" you speak of?

Happykamper

Explorer
So Roverdude has been member since 2008. Looks like sells Rover parts and vehicles for a living. He probably knows what he's doing and what he's talking about.
so I would think since he's selling the rig played in Cali there must have been a way to get it done at some point. You also have another member chiming in about a loop hole sometime back in time that allowed this to happen.
So my question is why not take there word on it since obviously none of the detractors of this ad are actually interested in buying it.

AtlantaViking

So, as a followup to posts above, I would reply that the reason why anyone looking at the vehicle do a lot of homework and not take the listing blindly assuming 'all is fine' is because some of these 110s came into the country using means that weren't legal and some folks paid some serious money for them. It took some time for the paperwork to catch up with the vehicle leading ultimately to having the Fed's show up on the current owner's doorstep one day and confiscate the truck and crush it.

I would hope the seller would just post up with how a 99 110 could legally be imported. If it was a 'loophole', what exactly does that mean?

Seriously, 25 years is 25 years and anything less should raise a lot of red flags.

Happykamper

Explorer
That would be best . After reading your post , I have to admit if it were my vehicle and I was selling it legitimately I would certainly have posted how and why this is here legally. It's true folks have used like vin numbers and some payoffs to get vehicles here.....but maybe there is an answer. I looked for 2 hours last night as I don't sleep much and could not find anything. Still if Roverdude is willing to answer what should be an easy question as this is his rig ??????
But with no answer insight I bow to the rest on this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz