Round Off-road lights... What to do?

anickode

Adventurer
I'm just gonna leave this here, flame away if needed, but read the reviews.

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-inch-off-road-light-system-95811.html

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I've had some of those before. Not bad lights. The chrome plating is junk, however, and they will rust within a year if you live in the salt belt. When rust started appearing through the chrome on mine, I pulled them apart, sanded them to rough them up, and painted them. Didn't like the chrome anyway. Worked great for years. Their stock bulbs are junk, but good bulbs aren't that expensive. The reflectors aren't the greatest either... sort of a matte silver finish, but it makes for a nice even beam pattern.

25 bucks apiece (factoring in 15 bucks for a new bulb and a paint job) is a great price for the amount of light they throw.

tommudd

Explorer
Old skool calls for old skool

6787851441_56b49f2ae1_b.jpg

Just met a guy who is doing some construction work here locally thats from New Hampshire.
Got to talking Jeeps etc and he mentioned he had bought 4 6 inch Cibies back in the late 70s and just ran across them recently
Asked me if I would be interested or if I knew of anyone. Said 100 or so for all 4 plus whatever shipping would be
My gut says they should be worth it even that old , right ?

Now back to the regular discussion

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Just met a guy who is doing some construction work here locally thats from New Hampshire.
Got to talking Jeeps etc and he mentioned he had bought 4 6 inch Cibies back in the late 70s and just ran across them recently
Asked me if I would be interested or if I knew of anyone. Said 100 or so for all 4 plus whatever shipping would be
My gut says they should be worth it even that old , right ?

Now back to the regular discussion

I hear good things about the brand. I would think they're comparable to hella 500's which are $50/pair new but I dont really know.

Scottw511

I have a pair of Hella rally 4000's in the euro beam that are great, super bright. I sadly just pulled them off the bumper to replace with some small cubes, the rallys were big enough to be blocking radiator air flow and I can see a difference in engine temps.

Attachments

• IMG_6569.jpg
    IMG_6569.jpg
    588.3 KB · Views: 26

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
How do they compare to the Cubes you replaced them with?

I have a pair of Hella rally 4000's in the euro beam that are great, super bright. I sadly just pulled them off the bumper to replace with some small cubes, the rallys were big enough to be blocking radiator air flow and I can see a difference in engine temps.

I just put my 4000's on the Blazer. l've been watching my temps like a hawk...

Last edited:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
It don't get hot enough up here to worry about it. I have a pair of 500s and a pair of 450s in front of my grill. I have never seen my temps go past "normal" operating temps.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
also depends where you live IDASHO. The guy talking about temps lives in Arizona I believe. I live in newfoundland Canada. it's just over 32deg f here today....ewwww.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
In my experience the vehicle and its cooling ability/capacity has much more to do with it that geography.

Simple case in point is my big diesel. Its cooling capacity is WAY overkill compared to most.

Even in 100 degree temps and loaded down, it barely gets above the t-stat temp.

Little sport-utes are a completely different story.

robert

Expedition Leader
I've never had any issues with the two Hella 4000 compacts on the front of my Tacoma in the SC summer (often in the 90s and humidity approaching the same); I don't recall any issues with the regular 4000s I had on my old Tacoma either. The old Tacoma also had the control box for the winch on the ARB; I moved the control box under the hood on the newer truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94