Round Off-road lights... What to do?

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
I've been really happy with the Vision X light bar's I have behind the grill on my truck.

Edit- I just saw the title said "round lights." I'm guessing this post won't be all that helpful. Sorry.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    590.4 KB · Views: 13

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I just put my 4000's on the Blazer. l've been watching my temps like a hawk...
Driving between Glacier and Coeur d'Alene today we got stuck on some small highway in some road construction. 45 min of following the road construction pace car on a dirt road in 88f @ 15mph. I looked at the coolant and trans temps and they were both above 220f. Much higher than normal. Not sure it was the lights.

EDIT:
The condenser and trans cooler were plugged by bugs and what looked like cottonwood tree seeds. The radiator probably wasn't getting much air.

Last edited:

chet6.7

Explorer
Please post a review if you get them.
I was just joking about the word tactical,just about everything is marketed as tactical these days.

bdbecker

Adventurer
Please post a review if you get them.
I was just joking about the word tactical,just about everything is marketed as tactical these days.

No worries, I got the joke.

I will do a write up on them if I get them. The only reason I'm on the fence is that I haven't really been able to find someone who is running them, perhaps its time for me to make my contribution to the internet. Before I order, I'll have to cut out some cardboard circles to see how obnoxious/awesome those 8" would look on the top of my WK.

Scottw511

How do they compare to the Cubes you replaced them with?
The Hella 4000's blow the cubes away. I'm now looking at using the cubes somewhere else and getting something small that still puts out the kind of light I want. I've been considering the Vision X 4.5 cannon or the Baja Designs squadron Pro. Both are pretty spendy.

Wilbah

Adventurer
Why not original KC Dayliters? Reasonable for the light they put out and tried and tested. Yeah they draw more power than LED's but the light color is better than a lot of LED's too. Just my $0.02

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
The Hella 4000's blow the cubes away. I'm now looking at using the cubes somewhere else and getting something small that still puts out the kind of light I want. I've been considering the Vision X 4.5 cannon or the Baja Designs squadron Pro. Both are pretty spendy.

Yeah, I would want the 6" cannons, but as mentioned...my Hellas with the HID kit in them, are AWESOME. I have not seen the 4000s with HID so I don't know how they work with them. By 500s, with the 55w HID puts wider, longer and much better light out than 2 rigid 30's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles