ATC Puma questions

jonb96150

Observer
I'm in the market for a used FWC Granby or similar camper. There is an ATC puma for sale near me, but it does not have any windows on the drivers side, (glass windows that is). I assume there are cabinets along that wall.

Does this make the camper too dark inside? How about ventilation issues?

Thanks for any insight!

JonB

zoblo

Observer
I have a phoenix with just one window on the passenger side. But it's not really dark as when u pop up the top there's windows in the popup material that provide plenty of light.

jonb96150

Observer
Well the seller has been telling me that there is no screened option. Only clear vinyl window for light and and a cover for darkness. After prompting from me he checked it out and there
is indeed a screened option, like all the other pop-ups. So with the top up there is plenty of light. And you can have open screens or closed screens but still have light from clear vinyl windows.

My next issue is that this ATC Puma has been made for trucks that have a much higher bed rail than mine. I have a 1993 Ford f250 that the Puma will have about 4" of space between the truck bed rail and the top of my b ed rail. So the camper would have a gap of 4" between the upper bed rail of the truck and the outer edge of the camper. Because in the last couple decades the sides of pickups have become much deeper.

Is this a cosmetic issue or a structural issue?

And there is no sink, no water tank. Ok with me but kind of a deal killer with the CFO. I'm thinking it is not super hard to put a sink in.

As always, really appreciate any input.

JonB

fireball

Explorer
Jon - might I suggest you wonder over to Wonder the west where you can do a ton of reading and research on these units.

The height would be a cosmetic issue only. There may even be some runners on the bottom of the floor pack that could be removed to effectively lower the unit when it sits in your truck.

Adding a sink and water tank and plumbing is doable but I wouldn't call it easy. I'd consider a 5 gallon jerry can and a hand pump and a sink with drain only. That would keep things simple and easy and still give nice access to water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke