2016 Sierra Carnage

Want to see where we are at on this, and who is interested. Last proposed dates were 7/22-7/31 due to kids being out of school partly. We are building a new home but planning to try and make this happen somehow as long as we have interest thus year. I believe the plan was to alternate to the Southern Sierras this year, but what ever everyone wants to do....My SAS should be ready, and I imagine my rig will be in the best shape ever.

PA_JERO

Adventurer
I think southern was the plan, I should be good for this, still have a few things to do to my truck though. That's so early in July though, any way to push dates a little further back. Problem is my kids actually start school that week. Gonna be hard for me to leave on there first week of school.

One week is about all I could do private school starts 8/8 here which is ridiculous. Next year they will be in a different school starting later in August..Maybe 7/29-8/6?

PA_JERO

Adventurer
Those dates might be better for me. Leaving the week my kids start might not be so great on my wife.

We are planning to run the southern sierra nevadas. I beleive northeast??? of Fresno CA. I don't think there is a list of trails totally solid for this yet, but Dusy Ershim is a must obviously. I'll leave the trail list and dates to lloyd. He's usually pretty good about that. Although the plan always changes when there is carnage happening. Haha

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
PAJ< maybe we need to do one of those hang outs where we make our plan from the AZ end. Let's nail down the dates and stuff so I can get them off, later the better for me as well.

Generally we do the Dusy first, loop over to Mirror Lake then Coyote Lake, Swamp if we want. There is a solid 10 days of trails all in the same general area, all linked with only one 3 mile pavement link(and supply up) works well.

PA_JERO

Adventurer
Toast, I'm good for that. Let's lock down the Sierra dates lloyd. Then we can plan when to leave from az.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
DSC01016.JPG

FullMonte

Adventurer
Darn and I'm finally just getting my rig back in shape! Haha I'm there.. The sooner the dates are out the better!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

School starts on the 8th, which is Monday. So have to be back on Sunday at a reasonable time. Let me put a schedule together backing up from that date.

7/31: Meet at Dusy Trail Head Courtright Reservoir Evening
8/1: Wheel Dusy to Summit Lake
8/2: Wheel Dusy to Ershim Lake
8/3: Wheel Ershim out, supply up, camp at Mirror Lake
8/4: Wheel Coyote Lake
8/5: Rest Day at Coyote Lake
8/6: Wheel Out Coyote and Swamp Lake to what ever the second lake is called
8/7: Drive Home Early

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member