2016 Sierra Carnage

PA_JERO

Adventurer
Suppose to be a little cooler tomorrow. We have a dust storm coming through phoenix right now. It will probably bring the clouds just enough to keep temps scorching through the night for us to wake up to 98 degrees and 80% humidity with no breeze.

rascott

Observer
got the fog rolling back in, on this end........
doin' some organizing, after a very busy day of becoming comfortable with leaving the compound well guarded.
took $411 vet bill to assure me the attack poodle was capable of protecting the center of his universe(my wife), but i'm good now.
still heaving crap into suzi, and expecting to make the meet w/rainier in the am.
see u there
thanks for the very local info, steve. any active fires in the area? i'm on the monterey bay- got that big sur thing goin'

FullMonte

Adventurer
Hey guys! The bros should be heading back Sunday. I had to bail early Tues, since my rear ARB lockers weren't engaging! It was putting so much stress on my front that I went through 2 left CVs and 1 right. Darn, it sucked to leave early.. I'm also having starter troubles and I might have experienced "vapor locking". Gas was pouring out of my evap vent.. but I'll get Montenegro back in shape for these grueling trails!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

justcuz

Explorer
Sorry to hear about your troubles.
I always look forward to the post trip reports of this annual run.
Great pictures and stories provide hours of entertainment.

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Hey guys! The bros should be heading back Sunday. I had to bail early Tues, since my rear ARB lockers weren't engaging! It was putting so much stress on my front that I went through 2 left CVs and 1 right. Darn, it sucked to leave early.. I'm also having starter troubles and I might have experienced "vapor locking". Gas was pouring out of my evap vent.. but I'll get Montenegro back in shape for these grueling trails!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Bummer!

I've had the same experience with fuel once as well.
On a positive note, it's only happened once...
I also stopped "topping-off" my fuel tank before hitting the trail...not sure if there is any connection.

FullMonte

Adventurer
Sorry to hear about your troubles.
I always look forward to the post trip reports of this annual run.
Great pictures and stories provide hours of entertainment.
Yeah, I hope it doesnt happen anymore. I reread a trip report from Montypower's site on gitout and it seemed his 03's fuel evac system couldn't handle the quick elevation and pressure change. So, I 'll be running 3/4 full on higher elevations..
Bummer!

I've had the same experience with fuel once as well.
On a positive note, it's only happened once...
I also stopped "topping-off" my fuel tank before hitting the trail...not sure if there is any connection.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

PA_JERO

Adventurer
Back in shaver, should be staying in fresno tonight and hitting the long road home tomorrow morning.

Awesome week in the sierras

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz