Smartphone and Spotting Scope - Anyone trying this?

WininUtah

Adventurer
Wondering if anyone here has tried photographing with a phone/spotting scope combo?

I get some FB pictures from a couple of my friends that are experimenting with their phones/spotting scopes. I asked and they're using an adapter from Phone Skope, happened to be the one I was looking at. I recently moved to an Iphone 6S from a flip and am pretty impressed with its capabilities. It'll never replace my cameras, though.

http://www.phoneskope.com/

Theprofessional

Silent Footfalls
I have, actually. lol

It works! It's great in a pinch if you see bigfoot or if something is too distant to distinguish with an eye and scope alone.

haven

Expedition Leader
Birdwatchers and others call this digiscoping. Google the term "iPhone digiscoping" to find all sorts of gadgets to adapt your phone to the scope body and eyepiece you have, and advice about how to get the best results.

Airmapper

Inactive Member
This sounds like what I used to do with one side of a set of mini binoculars I have and a little point-and-shoot digital camera years ago. The rubber eye guard fit perfectly over the end of the small lens on the camera.

I would take photos with it and freak people out, they would say stuff like "you took THAT photo with THAT tiny camera???" Of course the quality was garbage but you could get photos clear enough to tell what it was.

kpredator

Adventurer
phone scope

i have a phone scope for my spotting scope and use it more often to take short videos with my i-phone.
works pretty well.of course its not top end quality.

iluv83vettes

Adventurer
My dad and I send pictures to each other with the iPhone when we are hunting to show the different deer we see. I have never used any kind of mount Though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94