Looking for help with a Trooper

Adamdgus

I have a line on a 1990 Trooper 4 door, but it has the 2.8 (GM) V6 and auto transmission. The car has some body damage and will need a new front right quarter panel, right headlamp and grill. Im sure there is more, but that is what I know. I think I can get it for less that $500 but I am trying to figure out if it would be worth it with that V6 and trans combo. I am not looking to do a motor swap anytime soon so, if I can ask, what say you?

justcuz

Explorer
I see 1st generation Troopers at the Ontario Pick a Part every time I go there.
Also the V6 and 4 cylinder put out about the same power, but the 2.8 can be swapped out with a 3.4 from a Camaro easily. No need to swap the transmission, the automatics are good transmissions.
For $500.00 it would be a good deal if it is driveable and just needs body panels.

outofrshell

Adventurer
i would say it is worth it the V6 is easy to get parts for and is also easily upgraded.If you do buy it join Planet Isuzu forum, more info than you will ever digest. As for the front fender it is only a shell it takes very little effort or time to change. New OEM parts like headlight and corner park/turn are available from jlemond@bellsouth.net GOOD LUCK Dave

reran

New OEM parts like headlight and corner park/turn are available from jlemond@bellsouth.net GOOD LUCK Dave

Unfortunately, new OEM headlights and aftermarket headlights for the 87-91 Troopers are obsolete and no longer available. Jerry has not had any in awhile, but check with him anyway as his inventory changes often. Also, if you do buy the Trooper, Jerry is the one man you need to know as he has more Isuzu parts than any dealership in the country. Since you need to replace the grille, headlight and side lamp, I'd suggest you swap over to the 84-86 round eye gille and headlights as the 7" round headlights are readily available and do not leak. www.car-part.com has many listings for these grilles in my area and I would suspect you should be able to find them in your area as well. You would need the grille, headlamp bucket and side lamps. HTH

Unfortunately, new OEM headlights and aftermarket headlights for the 87-91 Troopers are obsolete and no longer available. Jerry has not had any in awhile, but check with him anyway as his inventory changes often. Also, if you do buy the Trooper, Jerry is the one man you need to know as he has more Isuzu parts than any dealership in the country. Since you need to replace the grille, headlight and side lamp, I'd suggest you swap over to the 84-86 round eye gille and headlights as the 7" round headlights are readily available and do not leak. www.car-part.com has many listings for these grilles in my area and I would suspect you should be able to find them in your area as well. You would need the grille, headlamp bucket and side lamps. HTH

Those round headlight grilles are hard to come by. I had a dozen or so of them I have sold on eBay but I only have 1 left and I am not very willing to part with it at this time. I personally just upgraded to the round headlights myself and my new headlight setup is awesome. The headlights are brighter than any other car on the road. I was a great upgrade, not to mention it looks cool.
27255939422_c52a6b187a_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke