Isuzu FTS800 build

Tourboy

Observer
Hi Guys,

In the process of building up my 2010 FTS800 4x4 into a 5 berth expo rig. Climbed up a 30º loose hill with 1.5m deep washouts with no wheel spin. Will be even better when I get the super singles under it.

Cheers
Dave

Attachments

• Image0.jpg
    Image0.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 53

Brenie

I wanted one of these, but it was beyond my budget, ended up with an FTS 750 that I need to build a body on. Looking forward to seeing what you do to your truck, they are more manageable to drive in the bush than they look. Interested to see where you get your super singles from and the cost. Good luck with the build.

Tourboy

Observer
A couple of pics with the 6m awning, slide out 4 burner stove, more lockers with slide outs cut in, rear awning and camera and some shiny new 385 x 22.5 super singles.
Solar is in, 12 and 24v lighting done, just have to finish installing the water tanks and plumb to the sink slide out, make a custom set of steps and a custom long range fuel tank, 24v -12v charging to boost the solar, thinking about a dual rear wheel carrier as the spares currently sit under the rear (stupid idea in an off road vehicle).

Attachments

• Pic_0929_100.jpg
    Pic_0929_100.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Pic_0929_101.jpg
    Pic_0929_101.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 40

Spanna 53

Looking good Tourboy looked at ex mine busses but brought a new NPS 300 yes Brenie know all about the build took 2 1/2 years for me with a bit of help from my son , have just come back from the Center and Flinders Rangers very manageable in the bush

Brenie

How much difference did fitting the super singles make to the ride and handling of the truck? Did you do anything to the springs?

Tourboy

Observer
How much difference did fitting the super singles make to the ride and handling of the truck? Did you do anything to the springs?

Certainly rides softer, but with a proper wheel alignment done it train tracks a bit on the b double routes in Bundy. Apparently you need to have a slight toe out to stop the train tracking not that it is that bad, makes it feel more like the steering box needs a slight adjustment. Nothing done to the springs still has the factory parabolics up front with aftermarket shocks and standard rear leaves with an extra leaf fitted when new and aftermarket shocks.

Fugly

Adventurer
Tour boy,

I see you have this wagon up for sale.......
Are you going to have a build thread for the next truck....
I think you mentioned building a Duel/Crew Cab...?....

Cheers Fugly

Tourboy

Observer
Yeah, There will be a build thread as it will be a ground up build and fully customised. Might even be a temporary build for the next trip and full re design after we get back.
Tour boy,

I see you have this wagon up for sale.......
Are you going to have a build thread for the next truck....
I think you mentioned building a Duel/Crew Cab...?....

Cheers Fugly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier