Boulder CO shop recommendations

Cosmos99

Hey there all! I just picked up my second Montero ( Gen 2 with 76k miles ). I usually do all my own work, but I had to sell off most of my tools for the move from Baltimore to Boulder. Can someone recommend a good solid 4X4 shop that knows Monty's and is capable of air lockers, and lifts & service.

Thanks in advance,

Ed

Monty.jpg

Monterado

Observer
Hey-
So, you are the one that bought this rig. Lucky. 76k is redic. It looked nice when I was scoping it on CL.
I have heard good things about this place, but I have yet to use/need them. Scheduling can be a little tough. If anyone else knows otherwise, please chime in.

Mastermind Enterprises.
Address: 2091 E 74th Ave, Denver, CO 80229
Phone: (303) 297-2886

I recently had some work done at Skyline Mitsu dealership and I am happy w/ the results.
What do you need to do?

Cosmos99

Hey-
So, you are the one that bought this rig. Lucky. 76k is redic. It looked nice when I was scoping it on CL.
I have heard good things about this place, but I have yet to use/need them. Scheduling can be a little tough. If anyone else knows otherwise, please chime in.

Mastermind Enterprises.
Address: 2091 E 74th Ave, Denver, CO 80229
Phone: (303) 297-2886

I recently had some work done at Skyline Mitsu dealership and I am happy w/ the results.
What do you need to do?

Thanks! I love it so far...far more luxurious than my Gen 1. I am looking to install a OME lift, rear axle swap with a locker and 4.90's from a Monty sport. I would do it all myself but I don't have the room at the moment. I would also like to get the cam seals replaced as they are leaking slightly.

Monterado

Observer
I almst forgot....This guy is a near Denver and is a Montero fan and owner. For your suspension needs, his shop is pretty great and he has good reviews. Although, his shop may be a little overkiill. He builds pretty advanced crawlers.
Ask for Chris.

Where did you find the OME's? I'd like to do the same to my '98.

The Edge Automotive LLC
Located in: Pacifica Hampden Center
Address: 2331 W Hampden Ave #135, Englewood, CO 80110
Phone: (303) 789-3343

Cosmos99

I almst forgot....This guy is a near Denver and is a Montero fan and owner. For your suspension needs, his shop is pretty great and he has good reviews. Although, his shop may be a little overkiill. He builds pretty advanced crawlers.
Ask for Chris.

Where did you find the OME's? I'd like to do the same to my '98.

The Edge Automotive LLC
Located in: Pacifica Hampden Center
Address: 2331 W Hampden Ave #135, Englewood, CO 80110
Phone: (303) 789-3343

Excellent! I will get in touch with him. I will probably be ordering the OME stuff from Rocky Road Outfitters

Monterado

Observer
FYI, after posting this, I called High Country 4x4 in Denver yesterday and they quoted me $728 plus S&H for the complete OME heavy duty 1.75" lift kit w/ torsions. 3 days via UPS from Seattle.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
FYI, after posting this, I called High Country 4x4 in Denver yesterday and they quoted me $728 plus S&H for the complete OME heavy duty 1.75" lift kit w/ torsions. 3 days via UPS from Seattle.

I'm not sure who you spoke with but a 1.75 inch lift for the Montero does not exist. And the best price out there for the proper OME setup including coils/torsions/front and rear shocks is through https://www.sierraexpeditions.com/ and will result in about an inch of lift. The main advantage to the OME lift is better handling and minimal sag in the suspension when loaded.

Canyonero

Hi all,

Anyone have any good mechanic recommendations in the Denver/Boulder area? I'm having ABS issues with by 1995 SR. I need a good mechanic who understands Mitsubishi's and older Monteros well. The problem is electrical in nature, so its a tough one.

Thanks,

Riyan

D

Deleted member 144409

I talked to a guy a couple months ago who said there is a shop of of 55th and Valmont in Boulder that was decent. I don't recall the name and honestly, couldn't find it when I took a day off to wander around aimlessly. Boulder Import Motors or Boulder Motor Sports. Otherwise, I use Meining in Longmont if I'm in need of a mechanic. Can always check the Mechanix Files at cartalk...though seems everyone is rated 5 there.

Canyonero

Thanks. Yep, Boulder Import Motors. That's who I go to. Jerry and Drew are awesome guys and really know their stuff. Unfortunately this problem is electrical in nature and they don't carry the specific diagnostic tools for Montero's this old. It's an expensive machine to buy that would only get used once in a while since our cars aren't too common.

I'll try Meining and Car Talk. Thanks for the tip!

D

Deleted member 144409

Are they needing the MUT reader? If so, Meining doesn't have it either. You can read the codes with an analog multi-meter. I've not done it yet but get the concept. I have references to how to do that if that's what you need. Lemme know!

Canyonero

Hi. I'm not sure what the machine is called. I guess it plugs into the car somewhere and tells you which part is throwing a code. Sounds like what you have is what I need. Would you be able to send those references? How will I know which analogue multi meter to buy? Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior