Northern South Australia - old Nuccaleena copper mine and hotel ruins.

Aussie Jeepster

My home is south of Adelaide, in South Australia.
6 hours driving, north of Adelaide, I am in the northern Flinders Ranges on a sheep station called Moolooloo Station.
In South Australia, we have designated tracks called Public Access Routes, where station owners allow 4x4's to drive on some of their tracks. There are designated camping areas on some of these PAR's, but in this case I contacted the station owner to ask permission to camp somewhere different. He said no to my request but offered me somewhere else, which turned out to be better than where I wanted to go!
My vehicle is an Australian Air Force Perentie Land Rover. This is essentially a Defender with a bunch of modifications to suit the Air Force and Australian Army. The biggest thing is that it has a fully galvanized chassis and carries the spare under the rear of the body. It is fitted with an Isuzu 4BD1 and the LT95 gearbox. This one also has a full PTO 8000lb winch.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
nuc 04.jpgnuc 03.jpgnuc 02.jpg

Attachments

• remlr04.jpg
    remlr04.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 10

Aussie Jeepster

You have to love solar. 200W on the roof and 260 watts that can be moved around.

Attachments

• xxcamp02.jpg
    xxcamp02.jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 7
  • xsolar 02.jpg
    xsolar 02.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 5
  • xsolar 01.jpg
    xsolar 01.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 5

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Gorgeous. An extended back country tour of Australia is at the top of my "when I win the lottery" list. :sombrero:
Hey, dumb question but from your description it sounds like most of the land in this area is privately owned, yes? The roads are public access but the land itself belongs to a private owner?

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Beautiful country and thanks for the pics. Keep them coming that is some of this country that I still have to travel.

Dan.

Aussie Jeepster

Most of the land is privately owned but there are myriads of tracks everywhere.
In our state, we have Public Access Routes where property owners maintain tracks on their properties for 4x4 drivers. In normal circumstances, you don't need permission unless you want to go and stay somewhere out of the ordinary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94