Coos Bay, Or to Ocean City, Md on a Surly Trucker

AUTO360

Adventurer
Ok, here goes. I'm officially way behind as I began this trip on May 15. So, let me share a few things first and lay out some things to help better understand this adventure. First, I'm doing this from a smart phone and its not the easiest thing to use when trying to write something that ideally should be well written. Second, I'll try to respond if people have things to ask or comment on but honestly I want to enjoy the trip and the awesome people I've been meeting...not having my face stuck looking at my phone as I'm sure most of you understand. Next I'll give a brief glimpse of me and how this came about so you'll have a better understanding.

AUTO360

Adventurer
Ok, trying to post a pic and it simply isn't taking. I've always had such bad luck trying to pictures on EP that I gave up in the past. Am I the only one? No point in a thread if pics can't post.

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Load up tapatalk. Easy to post photos and entries from a mobile device. Subscribing to watch this adventure progress!

ocpd8518

Don't throw the phone! O.C is fun, pricey and very crowded. Only adventures is maybe some beach driving either in Delaware or on Assateague Natl seashore. Not sure if you can even get on Delaware legally. Great bar and food scene in O.C.
Must haves are : Thrashers French fries
Fishers popcorn
Dolles salt water taffy
And of course some Md crabs.

Bars and restaurants:
Seacrets on 49th( get a pain in the ***, or big bamboo)
Fagers Island for Sunday night sunset.
And plenty of walk in bars on the boardwalk. All great dive bars.

Don't drink and drive at all. Be respectful to the cops (they don't play around) and be ready to spend money.
Holla if you need more info.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

03rubi

I second Thrashers. I will say. Driving assateague is nothing to the Oregon Coast or the dunes. The crab cakes are ten times better in O.C.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

east_tn_81

Adventurer
Well I use to live just outside of O.C. MD and work at a bar right on the boardwalk. I would definitely get some crabs and thrasher fries. I always tried to avoid Secrets on 49th not my scene. There used to be a great little bar restaurant right under the bridge after you got on the island. Cops are definitely no joke. Don't even bike and drink. Plenty of good eats try shenanigans on the boardwalk. Enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94