Roof Top tent with awning and custom camper top

G Posik

Banned
For sale is a Custom Camper top for a 2002 Toyota Tacoma crew cab truck. Comes with a two person roof top tent and smittybuilt awning. The tent is tents on a rack brand. I have used it 3 times. No leaks, tears or damage of any kind. Have the ladder extension as well. Looking to sell this as a package. Asking $1200.00 for the entire package. Frame for the canvas is 1-1/2" smh 40 aluminum. Located in Houston Texas. I am will ing to ship for actual shipping cost. Can meet within a couple hours of Houston as well. Not interested in trades as trying to get funds for new project.

IMG_2195.jpgIMG_2196.jpgIMG_2197.jpg

stressedpenguin

Had a few questions:

Do you have any pictures of the whole rig setup?
What size truck bed is the topper setup for? You said 2002 Tacoma, but I have a '06 and am wondering if it fits on a short bed (5ft).
How big is the tent itself? I'm new to the forum and since tents on a rack went out of business there isn't a lot of information available to see what the tent looks like or how large it is, other than the two person description. I only ask because I am looking to drag my dog up there as well.
Is there a weight limit for the rack itself? In the future I may try and go with a bigger tent.
How high does the actual tent sit up on the frame? Does it fall below or above cab height?

Overall I think this would be a nice setup for me since I can load up my bed and have it weather resistant, but I am currently in Colorado. I may be able to travel in the next few weeks depending on if it fits and if the tent is large enough.

Thanks!

G Posik

Banned
I cannot find any pictures of it set up on the truck. The bed dimensions on the 2002 Tacoma is 60" long and 57" wide. I need to double check the dimensions on the tent. Will do that when I get home and let you know.

As far as weight rating on the rack I have had myself and my cousin in there. We are both in the 220# class. The tent itself is about 80#. The top of the canvas is flush with the cab. The rack sits up 4" above . Then the tent folded is roughy 12" tall.

I will keep digging and see if I can find some pictures of it set up.
Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stressedpenguin

Thanks for the update, sorry I was out camping. I can't find a way to get down there (travel plans changed) but good luck selling! Free bump for you as well!

G Posik

Banned
Really need to move this thing to finish funding the new project....$800.00.

Glenn

Lucky j

Explorer
Wow, this is nice! Very nice. Price ask is low specialy with all the work involved.

Someone get this!

Would even be a nice toper for a trailer!

I do not have a toy and already have a trailer plan and to far across the border.

stressedpenguin

I love this setup and wish I could get it, but Houston, or even Dallas is just too far for me to go. If you make it up towards Colorado or New Mexico let me know, otherwise free bump for you.

G Posik

Banned
I love this setup and wish I could get it, but Houston, or even Dallas is just too far for me to go. If you make it up towards Colorado or New Mexico let me know, otherwise free bump for you.

If you are interested I could look at a trip out towards Lubbock

Glenn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz