Compressor fridge recommendations.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I hope this in the right section. My friend's looking for opinions and experiences with compressor type fridges for his popup camper. He wants the horizontal type preferably with the slideout glide. Noise is an issue but not a deal breaker. He's a sound sleeper.
Thank you.

cchoc

Wilderness Photographer
I had an Engle for years and it's a great fridge. Had an ARB before that but at the time it was made by Engle too. The ARB was destroyed in a wreck is why I got the Engle, not because the fridge wore out.

Graton

I have an ARB 47 liter and it's great - very quiet and efficient. Most people I've talked with about fridges either have the ARB or the Engle and they are both great choices.

plh

Explorer
I have an Edgestar 43 (Whytner is the same) its quiet and works great. Lots cheaper (like 1/2 the cost or more) than an ARB 47 (I've owned one in the past - no issues with it) or an Engle.

jonb96150

Observer
I love my ARB. One of the best things I ever bought for camping. It has been bouncing around on hard core trails for over a decade and still as good as new.

99Yota

Observer
I opted to go with a National Luna 60- a bit on the pricey side but:
a) It has independent controls for the fridge and freezer section-both can be set to make ice
b) Heat and scratch resistant stainless exterior
c) Nearly silent operation
d) Low amp draw

I've been really happy with mine but it certainly isn't the only good unit out there.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Thanks for all your opinions gentlemen! I'll pass them on.
One other thing,is the optional insulating pads cost effective.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

cchoc

Wilderness Photographer
I had the transit bag on my fridges and think it improved their efficiency but I have no proof of that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles