your gear changes over time - obsession maybe ?

Honu

lost on the mainland
ditto age :) at 53 now I am not in my 30s when I could sleep on most anything :)

for me hammocks have proven to be the most comfortable by a long shot once you get into nicer hammocks :) you will realize the ENO etc.. are fine for what they are but nothing like a good hammock
biggest thing is learning to lay in them properly
I had some previous experience when I lived in Honduras we used them also in the islands I used them more
www.hammockforums.net good info

at least we now have companies making smaller lighter gear that is also very comfy or more useable:) something we did not have 10+ years ago and seems in the last few years a kinda mid market like the helinox sunset chair tall enough to be easy with bum knees and small and light enough when packing 4 its a huge space weight savings or some of the cots etc..

dman93

Adventurer
The other thing on my wish list and which I am resisting at the moment, is to get a taller tent. The entrances are only about 40 inches high at the rain fly vestibules of my current 4P tent - which is for two people. An adult must kneel or squat to get in or out the tent.
I am a few months short of 60 and was finding this to be a big problem with our ground tents. We just got a rooftop tent, and while many people complain about going up and down the ladder, I find it easier and faster than crawling out of the tent. In general, I find I take more items for comfort, and fewer items for "what if" emergencies. Exped air mattress was the best investment (before we got the RTT with included mattress) compared to a traditional ThermaRest and/or Ensolite pad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz