Tailgate Storage Lid on eBay

SkyMall

Has anyone seen or used this?

Seems like a cool idea, but super spendy. I love the idea of putting lightweight loose items in there.

Thoughts?

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1601.jpg

I grabbed the images from the eBay listing since I couldn't post a link.

(My apologies if this is mentioned somewhere. I did a search and didn't find anything.)

MINO

Adventurer
Anyone have opinions on this? Looks like a good product.

I have the WagonGear (Which, in my opinion, "inspired" the metal version by the other guys).
The plastic wagongear lid has a grip option. Great when you're in the wet and are using your gate as a step.
Mine has taken years of abuse and still looks and works great. My only issue is the "trim" piece that goes around the frame.
Looks like they may no longer include it.

I think either option works well for storage. Your choices will narrow down to personal needs: Material, cost and availability.

Don't overfill the lid to the point that the latches won't release the gate. I've placed wire loom on the arms in the gate to reduce binding on things.

Klierslc

Explorer
Thanks man. I did eventually find that thread when I searched for socallove.

I see you've got one. What do you use that space for?

Straps, first aid kit, socket set, bungee cords, oil, hitch, etc. I need to go back through and re-organize it as I think I can fit in a tool kit with everything I "need" and remove the tool box from behind the seat.

Klierslc

Explorer
I have the WagonGear (Which, in my opinion, "inspired" the metal version by the other guys).
The plastic wagongear lid has a grip option. Great when you're in the wet and are using your gate as a step.
Mine has taken years of abuse and still looks and works great. My only issue is the "trim" piece that goes around the frame.
Looks like they may no longer include it.

I think either option works well for storage. Your choices will narrow down to personal needs: Material, cost and availability.

Don't overfill the lid to the point that the latches won't release the gate. I've placed wire loom on the arms in the gate to reduce binding on things.

Excellent info. The aluminum lid can be slick--I'd paint it with non-skid if it became an issue...

NCFJ

Adventurer
I just received one of these and it is a nice product. I wont be cutting it in until the body man straightens out the inner tail gate. It is pretty straight forward, all aluminum, finish to taste.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94