My 92 YJ build with lot of pictures

BajaDent

Observer
DUAL BATTERIES!!!

Once everyone started getting the refers, dual battery set ups were a dime a dozen at the BajaDent Fab Shop. I opted to go with 2 yellow top Optimas for my set up even though my original battery was only 18 mo. old. Good thing, I donated it to my brothers XJ project which will be another build thread. I didnt need a whole bunch of wiring so I stole it from the previous 2 dual battery set ups I did for guys I work with. I went with a smart solenoid that detects alternator voltage coming in above 13.3 that will close and make the connection. Then when the engine if off it will float both batteries down to 12.7V and click open/off. Also went with a blue sea 6 fuse block in addition to relays for running high amp stuff and multiple switches that turn on the same lights (reverse and side LED lights that double as camp lights). This way you can turn them on in the front seat or if your are in the back of the rig cooking/camping etc.

70.jpg
71.jpg
72.jpg
73.jpg
74.jpg
75.jpg
76.jpg
77.jpg

Last edited:

BajaDent

Observer
Okay, this next part is where fbksurferjoe and I get all cracked out with wiring. I went with regular no lighted switches because there is nothing worse than LED light blinding you eyes at night. Plus all of the switches that power on the LEDs (light bar, front LEDs, side LEDs, rear LEDs) are all hook up to relays and are ground switches not power. Then in the front I have 1 hot switch so I can check the voltage of my house battery. All USB and CIG. ports are wired constant hot. Again, 2 switches are wired as a double pole to have access in the cab and at the back of the rig. Almost forgot the fuse and relay platform!!!

79.jpg
80.jpg
83.jpg
84.jpg
85.jpg
86.jpg
87.jpg
88.jpg
89.jpg

Last edited:

Mitch502

Explorer
What color did you get for the volt gauge? I love my blue one so far. Bright, but not blinding, both day and night.

BajaDent

Observer
What color did you get for the volt gauge? I love my blue one so far. Bright, but not blinding, both day and night.
I specifically wanted red since my jeep was red. I also changed my dash lights to leds (red). Way easier on the eyes & believe it or not, light up guages way better with less glare.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

BajaDent

Observer
Thanks mtb! I have some really cool storage stuff I am building for the rear that will be coming out in the next month or so. Its going to be all compartmentalized with the Dometic on a full pull slide.

BajaDent

Observer
Thanks mtb! I have some really cool storage stuff I am building for the rear that will be coming out in the next month or so. Its going to be all compartmentalized with the Dometic on a full pull slide.

Also in the near future I will be doing an XJ build on work Im doing to my brothers XJ... Here is a little preview!

20160530_160821.jpg
20160530_160836.jpg

Mitch502

Explorer
I specifically wanted red since my jeep was red. I also changed my dash lights to leds (red). Way easier on the eyes & believe it or not, light up guages way better with less glare.

I believe you! I changed mine out to all blue LEDs and it made a massive difference!

BajaDent

Observer
Contrary to popular belief, i put in short add a leafs to my rear axle. With overlanding i tend to put 400 lbs of crap in a 200 lb jeep. Everything i read was do not lift you jeep with add a leafs... IM NOT LIFTING MY JEEP! I just want to increase my payload & not ride on the bumps. A pair of rustys offroad short 1.5" add a leafs were the ********! I got 1.5 out of it & it actually road better than before due to shocks that actually worked. Without being loaded down it felt better than the clapped out crap i had before. My brother & i weighted down the rear with what he thought was 450 (more like 480) and it was at an acceptable ride height. I did the bomber 25mph into the driveway & it soaked it up...

uploadfromtaptalk1466290353039.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1466290392250.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1466290668522.jpg

BajaDent

Observer
Better pics of the hard top cart i built...

uploadfromtaptalk1466302950307.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1466302993928.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1466303029721.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1466303069718.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1466303122004.jpg

So the post with the foam are removable so it can be stored in approx. 8 " of space. The foam is just standard water heater line installation.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior